CIEM refit experiences
Jul 1, 2015 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like my new CIEM's may need a refit. They are tolerable but not comfortable.
I had a bad experience with attempted refits by another company previously.
Every attempt seemed to get further away from success and in the end we gave up.
I don't want that to happen this time.
What have others found?
Do refits normally succeed?
Any sharing of experiences much appreciated.

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 13
Don't be discouraged but that's a tough one. There are a lot of variables, from the actual taking of the impressions to the lab handling them. Everyone one does things a little bit different.

Aug 29, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #6 of 13
I posted this in another thread, but stumbled across this one as well.  I've just contacted Hidition about getting a refit for my NT-6.  There is clearly a fit issue: mediocre isolation, sound getting muffled, discomfort etc.  When I first contacted Hidition, they said they could only make "minor changes".  I've owned the NT-6 less than a week and I got an audiologist to look at them and watch me putting them in to verify I wasn't doing something wrong.  I'm quite concerned about how much effort Hidition will put into fixing the problem.

Aug 29, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #9 of 13
You could probably send that pic over to hidition and see if they think it's ok before sending?

Aug 29, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 13
  At the tip they dont look good. Did you make them at audiologist? What material are they using?

Yes, it was with an audiologist who is recommended by 1964 Ears, Ultimate Ears etc. She used the green silicone material (I don't know the brand name). That's disappointing about the tips, as they were expensive.

Aug 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #13 of 13
Yes, it was with an audiologist who is recommended by 1964 Ears, Ultimate Ears etc. She used the green silicone material (I don't know the brand name). That's disappointing about the tips, as they were expensive.

Where are you and who is your audiologist? PM me if you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back