CIEM Options
Nov 2, 2021 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ekfc63

100+ Head-Fier
I’m in the market for a pair of CIEMS. I had and loved a pair of 64 Audio U12t but had to sell them due the fit issues (I have the same issues with all universal fit IEMs). Since I liked the U12t, the natural choice is 64 Audio’s A12t. Question is, at the price point of the A12t ($2k) is there anything else I should consider? I assume that dues to their custom nature, CIEMs would be harder to sell on if they don’t suit, so I have to be careful with options outside of the tried and true i.e. A12t’s.

Mar 29, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 9
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 9
I’m in the market for a pair of CIEMS. I had and loved a pair of 64 Audio U12t but had to sell them due the fit issues (I have the same issues with all universal fit IEMs). Since I liked the U12t, the natural choice is 64 Audio’s A12t. Question is, at the price point of the A12t ($2k) is there anything else I should consider? I assume that dues to their custom nature, CIEMs would be harder to sell on if they don’t suit, so I have to be careful with options outside of the tried and true i.e. A12t’s.
I'm in the process of demoing a set of 64 Audio a4's. I'm actually really surprised how good they sound side by side with the u12t's and MEST MKII. If you were wanting to spend less. ($1800 for MEST $1099 for a4's) I think you'd be pretty happy.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 9
As far as I have heard the U6T/A6T and U12T/A12T are quite similarly tuned. I am also looking for some CIEMS and have demoed the CFA Equinox so far but it seems to be not versatile enough for everything. Sounds great for EDM though. If you like something guess it's a pretty safe bet! I haven't heard anything from 64 Audio yet but I am hoping to be able to demo some stuff soon.

Apr 1, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #6 of 9
I didn't demo the U6T this go around, only the U12, A4, and Trio. I remember it being light on bass, is all. It must not have made an impression though as I didn't want to compare it this time with the MEST. I wanted to try the A4 because of its dynamic driver being used for the bass. Again, I was extremely pleased with its performance and overall tuning especially since it is half the cost of the U12. Still, it wasn't quite as smooth and relaxed as the u12. Also, the soundstage wasn't as wide as the u12t. I really do enjoy the MEST and it would be hard for me to pick just 1. Both are fantastic. Both have their advantages and weaknesses. I'd say I'd give the MEST a slight upper hand because it seems to play more genres of music, and is less forgiving of poorly mixed/recorded music.

Reach out to 64 Audio, they have fantastic customer service. They let anyone demo their product, sometimes even pay for shipping and return shipping so you aren't out a dime. Cheers!

Apr 2, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #7 of 9
I didn't demo the U6T this go around, only the U12, A4, and Trio. I remember it being light on bass, is all. It must not have made an impression though as I didn't want to compare it this time with the MEST. I wanted to try the A4 because of its dynamic driver being used for the bass. Again, I was extremely pleased with its performance and overall tuning especially since it is half the cost of the U12. Still, it wasn't quite as smooth and relaxed as the u12. Also, the soundstage wasn't as wide as the u12t. I really do enjoy the MEST and it would be hard for me to pick just 1. Both are fantastic. Both have their advantages and weaknesses. I'd say I'd give the MEST a slight upper hand because it seems to play more genres of music, and is less forgiving of poorly mixed/recorded music.

Reach out to 64 Audio, they have fantastic customer service. They let anyone demo their product, sometimes even pay for shipping and return shipping so you aren't out a dime. Cheers!

Interesting. You tried the U6T not the U6? Wasn't expecting someone to say it's bass light. A4s sounds like it might fit the bill for me. I like versatile, without harsh treble fatigue, good bass quantity and sub bass extension.

Just waiting for 64audio to get back to me one some demos come back in. Might check if CFA might let me demo some Solstice as well. I haven't heard any Andromeda though sounds like it may be a bit bass light for me.

Wonder if 64Audio will offer the shallow audiophile fit?

Apr 3, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 9
Wonder if 64Audio will offer the shallow audiophile fit?

As far as I know, I do not think they will. 64 has an audience-based deep (no pun intended) within pro audio, and a lot of their customers are musicians who prefer the deeper insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back