CIEM for eletronic music lover
Mar 25, 2017 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Notinspired

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I was confused about what to buy but I'm definitely thinking of CIEM audiophile. I'm looking for something around 750$ and oriented bass heavy (Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein, Laurent Garnier) but also some classical like Ludovico Einaudi. I searched the web and had some advices from ProtegeManiac who help me to think about CIEM. Mostly, it'll be for everything (gaming, street, subway, studying, etc.). I found these, but which one should be the better for you? Any advice are welcome or new proposal.

- earsonics EM3-Pro
- earsonics EM4
- Audio Erz aud-5x
- JH16 seems to be a reference in the domain but definitely too expensive for my budget
- Heir Audio 4.As

Thank you!

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 3
When you hit the CIEM category you will definitely find some of the CIEM are closer to neutral reference than any other tuning. I have heard the Ei.XX which is a bass focused CIEM that you will need to wait for on mass drop since it is an exclusive drop with customart. 

They go for around $600 I believe. The only problem with CIEM is that you do not get to 'take back' your decision and its hard to aim for something once they have created a CIEM for you. The resell value is very low even if you used it for like an hour.

My suggestion to you is to go universal. I personally recommend the SE846. They work well for bass heavy tracks ranging from things that have a massive thick baseline to the hard hitting energetic bass from synthesizers. Personally they are my favorite IEMs. I have a wide range of IEM and because my main genre is electronic music, I have found they perform better than anything else. 

There may be things that perform better with better clarity and detail, but for hard hitting bass that will make you go wow, on electronic music the SE846 is it. Best of all, if you dont like it sell it. They maintain value really well and are great at isolating the noise around you.

You can find them used for probably around 700 or if you are lucky, you may find them new for that price once in a while.

Quote:
  Hello everyone,

I was confused about what to buy but I'm definitely thinking of CIEM audiophile. I'm looking for something around 750$ and oriented bass heavy (Daft Punk, Gesaffelstein, Laurent Garnier) but also some classical like Ludovico Einaudi. I searched the web and had some advices from ProtegeManiac who help me to think about CIEM. Mostly, it'll be for everything (gaming, street, subway, studying, etc.). I found these, but which one should be the better for you? Any advice are welcome or new proposal.

- earsonics EM3-Pro
- earsonics EM4
- Audio Erz aud-5x
- JH16 seems to be a reference in the domain but definitely too expensive for my budget
- Heir Audio 4.As

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back