CIEM fit questions
Oct 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jedthehumanoid

New Head-Fier
I just got my first pair of CIEM's in the mail on Monday and I'm pretty excited. The seal on them is fine and the sound is fantastic. (Rooth LSX5). However, I was noticing that it feels like the canal portion of each of them (particularly the left side) might be a little too deep. It sometime irritates my ear, particularly in long listening sessions. I know that when the audiologist did my impressions, she deliberately went as deep as she could to make sure she got a nice even mold. I suspect that it may have translated to the ciems as being a tad further than necessary. However, I have noticed that in the last day or two, it has been becoming less bothersome so perhaps it is just a matter of getting used to the sensation of having these things jammed in there.

I guess my question is, is it common to feel bothered by them at first? If I need a refit or an adjustment, I want to do it asap but at the same time, I don't want to ruin the seal/fit that I currently have. My real fear is if they are in fact too deep, I don't want to cause a long term problem with my ears. 

I got plenty of time to make a decision on whether to send them in for an adjustment but I also wanted to see what some of the 'experts' might think of all this. Thanks for any and all feedback!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone? 
frown.gif

May 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 5

I just got my first pair (1964 Ears V3). I as well had this problem. I ware mine for well over 3 or 4 hours a day sometimes. I have noticed that the ear canal irritation has gone away but I am finding some irritation on the funnel part of my ear. That could just be from wearing them to long though and maybe still in need of breaking in for my ear to get used to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back