CIEM advice and looking for closed over head headphones to emulate the Grado sound
Mar 1, 2017 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Madbull1234

New Head-Fier
I recently upgraded from my SR60s to a pair of SR325e's, and first I must say, wow. These cans are worth everything I spent on them, especially after buying the large over ear replacement pads. They sound fantastic, but because of their open nature, they are not very portable. So, I decided to invest in y first pair of custom IEM's and bought myself a pair of custom art music two's. I mainly use my Grado's with spotify running on my laptop connected to a FiiO Alpen 2, and my IEM's when connected to an iPhone running spotify connected to a FiiO E11 (advice on which amp I should be using and where would be  appreciated), and I must say, I am a little underwhelmed by the music twos. They are a little uncomfortable (but I guess that is to be expected when using CIEM's), but what really gets me is how they sound. In the past I have used Etymotic in ears (specifically the HF5's and then upgraded to a set of ER4P), and I feel as if the ER4 sounds better. I'm not sure if this is due to my ear being able to detect better quality as I have aged (I had the Etymotics around 4/5 years ago), me looking back with rose tinted glasses at my first pair of quality in ears, or that the music twos actually sound worse. If anyone has advice on how to get the most out of these CIEM

Anyway, enough with the background. What I am looking for is a set of cans that I can use on the go (specifically, I am part of the competitive FGC and I'm looking for a set of cans that I can use in a tournament setting) with a similar sound to the grado prestige series. I have a budget of up to £200, any advice will be well received. Thanks in advance!

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 4
Anyway, enough with the background. What I am looking for is a set of cans that I can use on the go (specifically, I am part of the competitive FGC and I'm looking for a set of cans that I can use in a tournament setting) with a similar sound to the grado prestige series. I have a budget of up to £200, any advice will be well received. Thanks in advance!

Superlux HD660 - basically similar to the SR60 with a lot of low bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back