Churro versus pretzel
Feb 17, 2006 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

jerb

Headphoneus Supremus
for many seasons now kirosa with His many generals (including the mighty Sir Jahn) has been leading the faction of pretzel loving audiophiles onward to victory through the maelstrom that is head-fi. With overwhelming support this group of pretzel fanatics has been spreading the ways of the chocolate covered pretzel as a means of peace throughout the many threads here on head-fi.

Today there was a shocking turn in the battle, after an ambush by grand marshal AKwok the newest faction of Churro brandishing guerilla’s has taken a stand against the long standing control of the pretzel leaders . Akwok has started a mutiny here on battlefield Head-fi and no one knows who will emerge the victor!

The fate of head-fi now rests with you, who will you follow in the fight of the century! Choose your sides! Who will emerge victorious in this battle of the ages!?

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 101
what, are you mad? churro's beat pretzels any day of the week! and those who think they could silence us churro lovers are dead wrong. head-fi's about expressing ideas, it's an expression of our right to free speech. The pretzel gestapo reminds me of the days of King George III.

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 101
I like the churro but it isn't as diverse as the pretzel which is like a blank canvas that one can make masterpieces on. It's more then just a canvas, though, it's an edible delicious canvas that's also good just plain. This might not be such a battle in the end. Pretzel, forever pretzel!

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 101
Pretzels are good, especially deep-fried soft ones, but a churro beats it out any day of the week. Damn, now I want a churro
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 101
I'm a dude.
cool.gif
(I hope I don't lose followers for this) And this is bordering on Certifiably Inane hehe.

That said, I've only experienced churros a few times, and they weren't exaclty from the best places. But I would like to bask in it's gloriful doughiness. Then, and only then, can I make a fair judgement.

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 101
Think of the churro as a long stick of twisted dough covered with cinnamony sugar...as I said on another thread it's the west coast equivalent of elephant ears or funnel cakes. Doughy substances covered with sugar or something akin to sugar.

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #9 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I'm a dude.
cool.gif
(I hope I don't lose followers for this) And this is bordering on Certifiably Inane hehe.

That said, I've only experienced churros a few times, and even they weren't from the best of places. But I would like to bask in it's gloriful doughiness. Then, and only then, can I make a fair judgement.

Sorry about that Kirosa, I had always thought of you as that little blue jester that used to be your avatar. I tried to leave any gender identifying pronouns out, obviously I failed. well any way it seems that the Churro mutiny is gaining strength. much more than I thought, the force is strong with this one.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #10 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
Sorry about that Kirosa, I had always thought of you as that little blue jester that used to be your avatar.

You mean jack frost the evil yet loveable snowman? I'm pretty sure it's a dude.
evil_smiley.gif

Anybody up for a churro v pretzel meet? I wouldn't show up, but I'd like to hear some real results!

Feb 17, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #12 of 101
I challenge anyone to find a churro as fancy as the pretzles in jerb's post. He masterfully exposed the churro's fatal flaw: unscalability.

Feb 17, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #13 of 101
a[size=xx-large]k[/size]wok!

Feb 17, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #14 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
I like the churro but it isn't as diverse as the pretzel which is like a blank canvas that one can make masterpieces on. It's more then just a canvas, though, it's an edible delicious canvas that's also good just plain. This might not be such a battle in the end. Pretzel, forever pretzel!

Well not exactly I could give you some recipes of stuffed or filled churros that we have around home, very nice indeed, with cheese and guava inside, with milk cream, with caramel inside, etc....

http://www.churros.com/churros.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back