Chromecast Audio vs Muzo Cobblestone: Sound Quality and Fuctionality
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dwib44

New Head-Fier
I have been looking into adding wireless capabilities to my hometheater system. My setup is 5.1 surround sound with polk monitor series ii speakers and an older denon av reciever that is pre hdmi but has digital optical audio input.  I am currently looking for a good wifi music streaming device with the highest music quality that also has the most streaming options.  Ultimately I want to stream the music stored on my android phone and my music on spotify.  It would also be nice to be able to stream music from my computer as well.  Chromecast has digital output though its mini toslink which is great. Unfortunatly the cobblestone doesnt have this, but does it have a good DAC? Which one has the best analog audio? I am also still unsure on how the steaming qualities of both of these compare.  Any one have a good idea of how the stream quality of these two devices compare?  Also is there a difference in performance between casting to spotify with chrome  and having the cobblestone which is a spotify connect device? The only difference I have found so far is that the chromecast wont be recognized when playing from a computer.  On these devices will spotify continue playing if the device that inituated playback is turned off? How does playing music stored on phones and computers compare between the two? The cobblestone uses dlna servers for this.  How does chromecast's method compare when it comes to audio quality? Which is easier for streaming? Is one method more conservative on a phones battery life?

I am also curious which of the two devices people think is better in general.

If you have any experience with either of these devices, please let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back