Chroma Key
Jun 21, 2005 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zachary80

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone here enjoy them? I decided to check out their website because their main man Kevin Moore was the orignial keyboardist for Dream Theater and I really like his writing and playing. I haven't ordered the CD's yet, but on the website there are streams of each CD. The CDs are very different than I expected, but it makes sense with his reason for quitting the band being musical differences (and tired of prog).

http://www.chromakey.com/

Jun 21, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Chroma Key has some wonderful music indeed. I tend to prefer their newest album ("Come In, Over" being my favorite track) while most people I've talked to prefer their first, "Dead Air For Radios". I just love the relaxed, more ambient and keyboard/synth-centric sound.

Jun 21, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 3
I really like Chroma Key and have the three CD releases. When I was younger my favorite band was Dream Theater and "Space Dye Vest" was probably my favorite song. After I outgrew Dream Theater, I became curious about what Kevin Moore was up to. The Chroma Key CDs are solid releases, but pretty far removed from Dream Theater. If you are looking for virtuoso musicianship, you aren't going to find it. What you get is great listening for when you are in an introspective mood. My wife, who has always been into electronic music, really enjoys Chroma Key.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back