Christopher Tin - Amazing orchestral world music
Mar 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

justmoon

New Head-Fier
I've searched the forum for Baba Yetu and came up with 0 results, so I believe this is a new recommendation.

The story begins when I was reading Rob Weinfur's review of the Avatar soundtrack and he compares it to a song called Baba Yetu. So I googled it.

Turns out it's actually the menu music from the game Civilization IV which doesn't sound terribly exciting, but please give this song a listen - it's available for (legal) free download:

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads...c/BabaYetu.mp3

The composer has since created an album in much the same style which I highly recommend. It also contains a re-recording of Baba Yetu and is called "Calling All Dawns":

Christopher Tin - Calling All Dawns

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 2
It's not in the usual vein of soundtrack/OST that I listen to, but nevertheless, this is some remarkable work. I've never really gotten into Civ IV, so kudos for bringing this up. I googled the composer and it seems that he's a 1/2 hr drive away from where I live - then again, it seems like most of the major production music studios are in Santa Monica (Immediate Music, Two Steps From Hell).

On another note, I've created a Soundtrack-Fi group for those interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back