Christmas Wish: UE Super.Fi 5 EB's got some ?'s (just got my complaint letter back)
Dec 5, 2008 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Raptor5150

New Head-Fier
well as the title suggests im asking for these pair of headphones for christmas. Let me start off with telling you peeps that i am a bassoholic (or basshead) i love the hard hitting power of a good sub like the 12" sealed SVS sub i have in my room. So i wanted the same feeling with headphones and I previously found the V-Moda Bass freqs so i say to myself why not they are cheap and they have what im looking for. So i buy them and recive them had em for a year i loved the feel of the bass but the build quality was HORRIBLE! they broke 3 times on me. I was pissed i contacted them and blah blah blah warrenty this send them in that. I was fed up i even contacted the consumer protection agency here in wisconsin (havent heard anything back yet )

Anyway so now im looking for an alternative and i found these i like them so far because they have a 13.5mm sub in them woot and im wondering for those who have heard them when you play a bass song like somthing from Bass Mekanik...can you feel it in your head? (i would know my dad has 2 dual 15" SVS subs in my livingroom soon to be exchanged for ones he built dual forward fireing 18's with maelstrom-X drivers hehe
biggrin.gif
) like i could with the v-moda's if thats so im sold. Also whats the build quaility like are they durable?

will they last better then the v-moda's?

ill leave u guys with that and i will think of more stuff as you guys reply.

(feel free to comment on the sound system in my living room speaks are paradigm studios i think)

My dads also has some Paradigm Sig 54's in his room with a 15" JL sub

also if anyone has another recomendation to the same bass heavy ear phones please tell me (somthing that has a feel like the v-moda's ) (remember i like to feel the music. Thats why i got the v-moda's but they are garbage in build quality)

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 8
Isn't complaining to consumer protection a bit of an overreaction? The build quality on the V-Modas aren't great, but V-Moda customer support is definitely solid. I thought consumer protection was more for things like scams and dangerous products.

Anyways, Future Sonics Atrio are the typical bass iem recommendation.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowghost6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't complaining to consumer protection a bit of an overreaction? The build quality on the V-Modas aren't great, but V-Moda customer support is definitely solid. I thought consumer protection was more for things like scams and dangerous products.

Anyways, Future Sonics Atrio are the typical bass iem recommendation.

dangerous...yes! to consumers lol why would you buy headphones (or any product for that matter) that you know of the flaws and have experianced the flaws yet the company has yet to do anything about it?! I dont care for their customer support (it was great for returning the 3 pairs that i did) because they havent responded to me asking them what can they change... they know it exists but done anything about it for a year? (talkin bout bass freq's not vibes which with the revision still break)... NO! imo thats just horrible its really odd that ipod headphones for the crappyness that they are the last a long time.

(thanks for letting me vent
biggrin.gif
)

but with that aside i looked at the atrio's they seem nice but i still want to hear an opinon on how the Eb's sound with straight bass music like Bass Mekanik if anyone wants to test that on some of the songs they have please do. If u can feel the bass then its good with me....

I want to see how they standout on songs that go real low try the song Dr.Oblivion (Bass Mekanik on the Reload album) if you can find it i would like to hear other responses on that song with other iem's be sure if u do test with the song tell me if u could feel the punch when it drops down the scale in the first 10 seconds. Thanks guys your making my desision all the better.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #4 of 8
I've got a pair of EB's and I can definitely say that with a lot of songs, when I have the EQ set on Dance or Rock, it feels like someone installed a sub in to my brain.

IMO, it seems quite clear and I can still pick out individual parts of songs that you otherwise wouldn't be able to with crappier IEM's or headphones.

If you're a basshead, I'd recommend them but I do also hear that the Atrio M5's are nice. I got my Super.fi 5 EB's for 89 bucks but I think if you poke around, a pair of brand new ones can probably be picked up for about 150 or 160 bucks. I like 'em and I'd recommend them.

Dec 5, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a pair of EB's and I can definitely say that with a lot of songs, when I have the EQ set on Dance or Rock, it feels like someone installed a sub in to my brain.

IMO, it seems quite clear and I can still pick out individual parts of songs that you otherwise wouldn't be able to with crappier IEM's or headphones.

If you're a basshead, I'd recommend them but I do also hear that the Atrio M5's are nice. I got my Super.fi 5 EB's for 89 bucks but I think if you poke around, a pair of brand new ones can probably be picked up for about 150 or 160 bucks. I like 'em and I'd recommend them.

nice thanks for the info
biggrin.gif
if u can try to test that song or any mekanik songs i would love to hear the results

Dec 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #8 of 8
Just got my letter back from consumer protection
biggrin.gif

"Thank you for contacting d.o.a Trade and consumer protection concerning V-Moda. I have writte to the business to try to assist you to finda a solution to your complaint. I asked them to review your concerns and then contact me to discuss what maybe done to resolve your complaint. The company may also contact you directly.

I have recordred your complaint in our computer database, and it will be included in information provided to consumers who inquire about the business for a three-year period. It also will asist us in monitoring the business community for unfair business proactices

Thank you again for bringing your complaint to our attention."

hehehe
smily_headphones1.gif
we shall see what they do about this. I hope they atleased change somthing.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back