Christmas present suggestions?
Dec 11, 2006 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
I need to purchase my sister and my father Christmas presents and this year I've run out of ideas. Last year I gave my sister a Coach handbag for Christmas but both me and her fiance have bought her tons of handbags and clutches from D&B, LV, and Coach and while she loves them, she never seems to use them, so this year we both agreed that we were not going to buy her anymore handbags. Now though, I can't seem to think of what to buy her. She's 23 so any suggestions? Budget is around $150-180.

I'm in the same boat with my father. For the past few years I've been buying him a nice bottle of bordeaux like a Latour or a Lafitte but he's pretty much set for wine now so I don't know what to get him. Budget is around $150-200

Thanks for your help guys,

David

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 6
You can never go wrong sending a woman to a spa for a rub down... I dono what all they do but something with a message and maybe a pedicure/manicure would probably make her pretty happy.

For your dad, does he golf? A round of golf at a nice course could be good or maybe some cigars and a humidor? Power tools are always good... or some headphones
eggosmile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the advice wakeride! Unfortunatelymy father gave up smoking around 20 years ago, and he gave up golf a while ago too. My father also does woodworking as a hobby so he's set for power-tools, so I'm really stuck on what to get him.

Any other suggestions?

Dec 12, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 6
Look at his project "to-build" list, then buy the man some wood.

Really.
biggrin.gif

Wood's getting so expensive that if you want to build anything in a unique sort of wood, you need a second mortgage. Your budget would pick up a very nice selection of exotics (Wenge, for example) in moderately uniform sizes...

-Viverr

Dec 12, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 6
It's actually more of a second business than a hobby. He makes clocks and ornaments for Martin & McArthur so he can only use Koa. He used to be into turning as well (So I used to buy him gouges) but he hasn't used his lathe in almost a year.

What do you guys think of a gift certificate to someplace nice for dinner? He and my mom don't go out much alone (Usually me and my sister go with them when we go to dinner) so it might be nice for just the two of them to go. What do you think? Too generic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back