christmas = new gaming headphones, need help
Dec 24, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by mxs1030
the hd-570s are up for $70 at www.ecost.com. They're refurbished, but ecost has a good reputation with refurbed items.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=324329

Yeah but they sound like crap! well at least compared to the 590's they do. Actually I like the Grado SR-60's with bowl pads better than the 570's as well.

-EDIT-

Although admittedly, the 570 will have better positioning for gaming than the SR-60.

Dec 24, 2003 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 24
Yeah, 570's probably have the best postitional audio there is in any headphone. However, HD590 might be less precise due to their build (beeing more 'open' than HD570) But if you want good music phones on the same time as gaming, I'd go for the 590's right away. The only problem with HD570/590 I think is clamping force over the head, they tend to fall of if you make a hasty movement, meanwhile HD580/600/650 may have too much clamping force though, however, it dissapears after a while and they clamp perfectly enough.

Anyway, hope you buy the HD590's, you wont be dissapointed.

Regards, Mindless.

BTW : Merry Christmas!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #19 of 24
IMHO the most important thing in a gaming headphone is sound positioning, then comfort and finally sound quality. The HD-570's sound quality will be more then enough for the average person ( me myself I've been listening to my audio 90s for a good period of a year, and when I borrowed my friend's HD-570s I was amazed how good they sounded )

edit: on the other hand, if i could find the hd-590s for under $120 ( the least expensive is $150 @ newegg.com which is a bit too much for me considering you can get a HD-580 for that price or a HD 600 for about $25 more )

Dec 25, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #20 of 24
well the 580's are alot harder to drive (from my knowledge needing an amp at least) so I'd never get those for gaming + music purposes. But the 590's I had figured would be great for gaming and music at the same time, I'm gonna get the 590's most definitely. Thanks for the help!

EDIT : READ NEXT REPLY

Dec 25, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #21 of 24
wait wait, positioning? explain please, you've got me worried. I definitely want to hear where people are and also be able to hear them like all the way across the map. Are the 590's not gonna give that kinda sound to me?

like in Counter-Strike sound is very important, and some of the pro's have like HD-600's and can hear people reloading and all the small, abstract noises or loud ones that give people away. I need that kinda precise sound to hear these things or great headphones for gaming have no worth to me.
confused.gif

Dec 25, 2003 at 6:40 AM Post #23 of 24
I went through this discovery process myself a bit ago. I think you'll find that the 590's get *much* more positive responses than the 570's, for all the reasons already listed.

Speaking to the fact that a lot of people really seem to have jumped on the 570 bandwagon for games; I think there are a couple solitary and one "comprehensive" headphone review for PC gamer's that shares some of the blame for this phenomenon. As for the latter, a while back, a popular pc gamer hardware site reviewed a bunch of different headphones and essentially labeled the 570's the end-all in gaming headphones.

I'd kind of like to go back and read the review now since I've done quite a bit more research since then, and I seem to recollect that they were all over the map with their choices of contestants. I guess the quality of their competition is pretty obvious considering the fact that the 570's were so highly lauded.

Short version of the opinion I've formed; get the 590's. Also, use the search function to find more threads about this... there are tons... literally.

Adso

ps - Try this thread here.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=troll

Dec 26, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #24 of 24
thanks, I guess the 590's it is. Now, just waiting for NewEgg to get them back In Stock for 150$
biggrin.gif

thanks alot for clearing that up by the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back