Christmas IEM gift help
Nov 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kost

Head-Fier
Hello all, I'm looking to buy an IEM for my father for Christmas.  My price range is $100-200 USD.

He mostly listens to rock, everything from 80's hair metal bands to pink floyd and 90's alternative rock. His needs are:

1) Good isolation-  (My dad commutes 2 hours a day via bus for work)
2) Durability- (He runs about an hour a day)
3) Low impedance- (must be able to be driven well from a newer model iphone)

I wanted to buy him headphones (like a schiit modi/vali with some 598's) but with his work and stuff he will basically never find the time to sit and listen to a decent setup, so this is all I can do for him right now.  If it's something truly fantastic I could spend more so I'm welcoming all suggestions.  I'm asking for your help because I've never heard even a single pair of IEM's before so I have no idea what would be good and for his needs IEM's seem like the only realistic option right now.

+Huge bonus points if it's on sale for black friday. =)

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 3
You might find this very useful: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-348-iems-compared-popclik-evolo-added-11-10-15-p-1092

Scroll down for final comparisons.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Beyakusen,

I checked out the list but I found most of the IEMs in the price range I'm looking at are discontinued or they're old models in terms of product lineup. I was thinking about going with hifiman re-600 since they're on sale for black friday for $150. I'll keep looking at the list though. If anyone has any more suggestions I'm still very open.  I'll be waiting till the day is almost over to buy anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back