Christmas gift for bro
Nov 25, 2006 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

foges

Head-Fier
I decided to start early this year in buying gifts.

Anyways i want to spend around 50 CHF (40$) on a pair of headphones for my brother. He has a pair of koss ksc 22, but i really dont find them to be that good and as hes getting an iPod i decided hed need something better. what can you guys suggest. Ive heared that the ksc 75's are supposed to be pretty good and they cost around 40$ here in switzerland. If you want to look up prices, please refer to this site: http://www.toppreise.ch/grp2_782.html

Im prety sure he wont want IEMs nor large competely over the ear headphones. Please dont suggest I buy used either, i dont really want to give someone a used gift.

Thanx

EDIT: forgot to say that he listens mainly to shred and heavy guitar music, not much vocal

Nov 25, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 10
Provided no isolation is required, the KSC-75s would be a good choice. Otherwise I'd look at in-ears (EP-630, RP-HJE50, CX300).

Nov 25, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 10
are they really much better than the koss? how is the physical quality of them. They look slightly like the sony/panasonic heaphones, which break easily.

I hope i get some answers before they run out.

Nov 25, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 10
They're very similar to K81dj, which i own and thought was very good value, i bought them for $80ish.. Head-fiers seem to like them too

Yes, they're better than the koss and much more attractive.. And if he's going to use them outside at all, he's going to appreciate the isolation a whole lot!

Nov 25, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 10
true, in school it would probably be a problem. I also like the fact that he can have them around his neck.

Youve made me wonder if i should buy a pair for myself as well. Im getting a pair of e4c's, but i dont have anything to have over my ears, at that price i cant really go wrong either.

Nov 28, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #7 of 10
Anyone else have an opinion on these headphones before i go ahead and purchase 2 sets?

thanx

Nov 28, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #8 of 10
Another vote for CX300 as an alternative to KSC75. They have really deep impact bass if that's what he's looking for...

Dec 3, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 10
I dont know how happy hed be about IEMs, i think he rather wants over the ear things. No other oppinions on the Philips SBC HP460?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back