Christina Aguilera - Back To Basics: Really "HiFi" Quality?
Jul 31, 2007 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just looking at some CDs the other day and came across Christina's new CD, it has this: "A new orthoponic high fidelity recording" written on it.

So being just like any other good, curious (sucker) head-fi members, I got the CD just because of that label.

Now it's still sitting there, I haven't even had the chance to try it yet.

Anyone got this CD and wanna let me know how it sound? I am too lazy too try since I don't think I really like the music... Man, I'm a sucker...
icon10.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 8
It's not "HiFi" quality at all. I was listening to my copy last night and it's pretty bad. I don't find any enjoyment listening on my main rig.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #3 of 8
I couldn't find an exact definition of orthoponic but it appears to be related to vinyl. A lot of old records were apparently recorded using it. I'm guessing it's printed on CA's album just to give it an additional "throwback" feeling and it was recorded the standard digital way.

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Well her singing is tremendous. I'm not a fan of her pop, but she can belt it out in a way that few can.

You are not a sucker. You've just learned a lesson that "remaster" and "hifi" and "audiophile grade" labels on CDs mean nothing.

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 8
It's just marketing. I like this album (at least the first CD - the second CD is godawful crap), but it's mastered WAYYYY too hot. Between the loudness/compression and Christina's aggressive vocals, it's a pretty fatiguing album to listen to.

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #8 of 8
Thats a shame. I love her singing. I doubly like it because she is mainstream and immensely talented (wish that were more common). I'd be all over this album if the recording quality was high, but I can't bring myself to buy a Christina album that is lo-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back