christian/gospel music genre - recommendations
Dec 2, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #76 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would call Christian music that which deals directly with the message of the gospel.

I would distinguish that from Christ-influenced music, which is Christian musicians making music that contains Christian elements and themes without direct reference to Christianity or the scripture. (U2, Sufjan Stevens, etc.)

Since the 1980s I've listened to Twila Paris off and on. I'd count her as Christian music. To go further, maybe you could call her style more old school, biblical worship music. Beyond A Dream still is one of my favorites.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #78 of 207
I think this thread is inactive but might as well give a try. Just want to ask where do you usually download christian/gospel music?
Thanks!

May 11, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #82 of 207
If you enjoy contemporary Christian Music, then there is one album i hope that you get asap, if you dont have it.
Its is THE BEST Contemporary Christian album ever created, IMHO, by one of the finest Men of Faith who followed Yeshua, who has lived in the public eye in the last 500 yrs.

Album : Winds Of Heaven, Stuff Of Earth

Artist : RICH MULLENS

And here are 5 of my favorite Christian Songs..

-
Sarah Liberman (2)
-

-
-

-
-
Andrae Crouch
-

-
Rich Mullens
-

-
Ashmont Hill
-

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #85 of 207
I always feel that most of the Christian bands have a sound much similar to the one Hillsong produces, and even the style of music is similar. And I always feel that the masterings are too bright or with harsh treble, and that's more visible on the live versions.

After saying this, one of the Christian bands I like the most and I think it was referred before, is Gungor.

Also, Kirk Franklin has been a big artist inside the Christian movement, even after some news reporting that he had been involved with Kanye West and so on.

Here in Portugal, one of the big bands right now is Voz de Júbilo, and they have been partnering up with Graham Kendrick, a big artis in England as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back