Some people just have way too much time

normal_PC180583%7E0.jpg

full image and other pictures here

Dec 18, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 19
Dec 18, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/xmaslights.html

The BEST Christmas lights display ever. Listen to the music too, by the way.

umm....now i'm going to have to take down the lights and redo it...this gave me some great ideas.

Dec 18, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 19
How do some people figure that putting up that many lights is worth it? You waste all that time putting them up, and then you have to waste a lot of time taking them down as well, and they really don't do anything for you except make it seem like you have no life.

Dec 19, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
How do some people figure that putting up that many lights is worth it? You waste all that time putting them up, and then you have to waste a lot of time taking them down as well, and they really don't do anything for you except make it seem like you have no life.

Some people just love to do things with their hands. The lights are pretty, and other people like to look at them. Sure, it's a lot of work. If you take pride in what you do, and like to make people happy, then the hard work is well rewarded.
Other people do it just to impress the neighbors.
Either way, it looks like they have more of a life than the person that sits at a computer and makes snide remarks about them.
icon10.gif

Note:[size=xx-small]I don't put up Christmas lights.[/size]

Dec 19, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Either way, it looks like they have more of a life than the person that sits at a computer and makes snide remarks about them.
icon10.gif

Note:[size=xx-small]I don't put up Christmas lights.[/size]

Hey, hey, my lights are up already, man! And, no, I didnt go over board.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456

Seems like almost the same thing can be said about us listening to music all the time.

Dec 19, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
Seems like almost the same thing can be said about us listening to music all the time.

ture, very true. just check this website out: http://www.head-fi.org/
It's full of people with too much time and money on their hands
icon10.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #12 of 19
I got my folks a couple strings of LED Christmas lights from Fry's last year. They're pretty interesting - lower power consumption and they never even feel warm to the touch. Aside from that, they're very bright and have an intense sort of color to them as opposed to the washed out, diffuse light you're used to from standard Xmas lights. Awesome for outdoor use, so-so for indoor (my mom claimed they gave her a headache or made her dizzy, so they were relocated).

Now I wish I had a Fry's here so I could pick up a couple strings for myself.

Dec 19, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #13 of 19
Target has them too. LED LED LED LEDLEDLED
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec
I got my folks a couple strings of LED Christmas lights from Fry's last year. They're pretty interesting - lower power consumption and they never even feel warm to the touch. Aside from that, they're very bright and have an intense sort of color to them as opposed to the washed out, diffuse light you're used to from standard Xmas lights. Awesome for outdoor use, so-so for indoor (my mom claimed they gave her a headache or made her dizzy, so they were relocated).

Now I wish I had a Fry's here so I could pick up a couple strings for myself.

I don't know about the ones you got, but all the ones ive seen have been very dim and uninteresting. I find the LED's to be washed out in comparison to traditional lights. Maybe the ones you got were different
confused.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam

Not really, as other things can be done while listening to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back