Chris Smither DVD: A MUST BUY
Oct 5, 2008 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Joriarty

New Head-Fier
Just got a live Chris Smither DVD, and I love it! It is just incredible how one man can sound like four people. He strums the rhythm with his thumb, plays the lead guitar with his fingers, sings, and taps his feet for percussion!
tongue.gif

Here's a video of him performing: YouTube - Origin of Species

If you like that... then this DVD is more of the same. An absolute must buy for anyone who enjoys a talented singer-songwriter. Amazon.com: One More Night with Chris Smither: Chris Smither: Movies & TV

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joriarty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got a live Chris Smither DVD, and I love it! It is just incredible how one man can sound like four people. He strums the rhythm with his thumb, plays the lead guitar with his fingers, sings, and taps his feet for percussion!
tongue.gif

Here's a video of him performing: YouTube - Origin of Species

If you like that... then this DVD is more of the same. An absolute must buy for anyone who enjoys a talented singer-songwriter. Amazon.com: One More Night with Chris Smither: Chris Smither: Movies & TV

I'll check that out! Cheers for the tip!
smile_phones.gif
Curently own 'Train Home', Don't Drag It On' and 'Honeysuckle Dog' and have seen Smither live twice, both at the Manchester academy (4, I think). He is a fantastic one man set-up as you detail. I love his voice. It just contains so much in augral character you detect and as a window to what Smither's been through, his life experience. Love his guitar style and playing technique aswell. Man is an under the radar legend!
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back