Chris Botti
Sep 18, 2009 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

KingStyles

Headphoneus Supremus
I just randomly picked up Chris Botti in Bosten while looking for some live jazz cds. Im not sure how he is viewed here since I didnt see a lot of info on him in the searches. I was pleasantly surprised how enjoyable the cd is. For a live cd it is well recorded and the songs all sound so sweet. It is star studded from musicians to singers that all lived up to there name. Has anybody else listened to this cd?

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 10
I have that one. It's Ok but I prefer his earlier, instrumental albums like Night Sessions. Good late night listening, but many of his songs and albums start to sound the same after a while.

Sep 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 10
Just got in Boston, no opinion so far, I like When I fall in love, ecellent after diner feelgood music.

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 10
One of the Best recordings I purchased this year. He is a phenomenal talent. Reminds me so much of Miles Davis the way he phrases. The Boston recording is great and you can hear the acoustics in Symphony Hall. Great talent.

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 10
I got his bluray with a lot of guest artists like sting etc. I wasn´t really that impressed elevator music. But maybe it get better with more sessions
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 10
I pick up pretty much any Chris Botti that I don't have. Very smooth music, frequently a melody that you recognize, and it is great to hear even if you heard it yesterday.

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 10
I have become a HUGE Chris Botti fan. His talent and attitude seems amazing. If you don't get into trumpet jazz...try this out. This is not the crazy frenetic jazz of the 70's and 80's but cool and smooth jazz.

I have seen and heard the "In Boston" album and it is up there for quality of performances and also of the sounds.

NOW, with all that being said...one of the BEST sounding trumpet/jazz songs of all time is Dave Brubeck "My Romance" on his Love Songs album. AMAZING!

Enjoy-
Sproles

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 10
His albums always sound good and the music is ... nice. Smooth jazz, nothing overreaching, but a good tone. Good for background music IMO.

In concert he is boring as hell. I saw him live and his backing band ate him up. All he did was look good for the ladies and play long slow tones. No excitement in his playing, only melancholy. How many times can you watch him close his eyes and play a single stretched out note?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back