Chose your favorite Martial Artist & suggest your favorite films!!
May 22, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #121 of 131
Quote:

Are there any idiots here?....hello anybody?...calling all idiots!!!...oh sorry so far, none have responded!...

I think we are all bit idiots because of the fact we even post in headfi with such a passion...
biggrin.gif

In any case on the subject at hand, I think we all know that out of those in the list most likely Bruce Lee is propably only martial artist that can be labeled as extremely good, possibly as I doubt anyone of us has seen him fight but hell he is probaply the very first MMA artist anyway so...

Chuck Norris, well he is good in Karate AFAIK. But I havent got the faintest if its competition karate or real martial art karate like Okinawa style or such. (doesnt basically matter, he could still [size=xx-small]roundhouse[/size]kick my arse to the moon any day) Only true facts I know about Chuck Norris come from the Chuck Norris facts...
tongue.gif

Van Damme, isnt he a kickboxer? Skill, I havent got the faintest. Steven "Seagull" is in Aikido. Again no idea how good he is but I heard he has quite high dan rank, and if so then that doesnt come easily just by acting good, no?

In any case, most of the actors ARE real martial artists or ATLEAST have a background in it, regardless of skill. But we are talking about who has the best MOVIES that are based around martial arts. Perhaps the title is misleading and I agree it could use some rewording, but EVERYONE here got the base idea behind the title. Lets not split hairs here and play nice and stay on topic, pretty please?

May 22, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #122 of 131
This thread makes me laugh. I'd bet none of you could even take down any of them. steven seagal would just throw you to the floor repeatly.

Also isn't steven seagal ex-cia, ex-secret service, ex-seal, or ex-marine? :wink:

May 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #124 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think we are all bit idiots because of the fact we even post in headfi with such a passion...
biggrin.gif

We all have a passion for something here, some show their passion for Headphones, some for earwax, some for music, some for science, and then some, just show passion for stupidity.
icon10.gif

Quote:

In any case, most of the actors ARE real martial artists or ATLEAST have a background in it, regardless of skill. But we are talking about who has the best MOVIES that are based around martial arts. Perhaps the title is misleading and I agree it could use some rewording, but EVERYONE here got the base idea behind the title. Lets not split hairs here and play nice and stay on topic, pretty please?

Well said Maza......now is up to the Mods if they want to change the Poll title.

May 22, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #126 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread makes me laugh. I'd bet none of you could even take down any of them. steven seagal would just throw you to the floor repeatly.

Also isn't steven seagal ex-cia, ex-secret service, ex-seal, or ex-marine? :wink:

I have bronze gloves in boxing and am 6'3" and 300lbs, I could beat up any of them, except Bruce Lee because he is dead.
tongue_smile.gif

May 31, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #127 of 131
Bruce leeeee! "Enter The Dragon"

Id say Jet Li/Jackie are an even below Bruce, for me anyhow.

Drunken Master is a great flick from Jackie and definitely Twin Warrior's from Jet Li
biggrin.gif

Just watched "Ip Man" Awesome movie! definitely up there with the best!

Jun 4, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #128 of 131
I voted for Chuck Norris because he is Chuck Norris.

TBH, I think Bruce Lee is probably my favorite martial artist. I'd love to learn his one inch punch.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #129 of 131
Nobodies mentioned Hwang Jang Lee. I think his performances, especially in Snake in the Eagle's Shadow and Drunken Master were outstanding, his kicking ability was devastating. Another reason why I like him so much is because he always played the evil baddie instead of the nice guy all the time.

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #130 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to learn his one inch punch.

This is what I'm *attempting* to learn. It's really one of the basic techniques that my school is teaching but it takes years of hard work, and I've only just started. I don't know if I will ever get anywhere.

Hwang Jang Lee is amazing, I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back