Chose your favorite Martial Artist & suggest your favorite films!!
May 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #106 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, it's been a while. I was thinking more Kung Fu style though. I have House of Flying Daggers on DVD but liked Golden Flowers better. Golden Flowers is more of a Shakespearean style of movie and is not an action movie.

COTGF is more of a tragic drama...you're right about that, it does have some good action though. I really like the epic battle towards the end. The colors and designs really stand out in this film, specially the Blu-ray version.

May 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #108 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audirephilos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
COTGF is more of a tragic drama...you're right about that, it does have some good action though. I really like the epic battle towards the end. The colors and designs really stand out in this film, specially the Blu-ray version.

Yea, it does have good aesthetic value. House of Flying Daggers does too. Just added Ran to my collection which is another good Asian (Japanese) historical drama.

May 20, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #109 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, it does have good aesthetic value. House of Flying Daggers does too. Just added Ran to my collection which is another good Asian (Japanese) historical drama.

Since you mentioned Ran,

here are other ones on the same vein:

Kagemusha
Throne of Blood
The Hidden Fortress
Rashomon
Seven Samurai

Hopefully, we'll get to see them all on Blu-Ray!!
beerchug.gif

May 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #110 of 131
Sorry but what a crap title for a poll!!
It should have read "Greatest martial arts actor"
NOT ONE person on the list can be considered anywhere near the greatest martial artist of all time, its pathetic. Bruce Lee is the most influential and probably technically the best on the list. To even have Jackie Chan and to a lesser extent Jet Li on the list is comical. 90% of what you see them do on screen is comical
ph34r.gif
and Seagal could not punch his way out of a paper bag(probably try to use an armlock instead) and Van Damme is always comical. Chuck and Sonny are "decent" martial artists.
The others I don't know much about but come on lets get serious!!

May 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #111 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by nigeljames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOT ONE person on the list can be considered anywhere near the greatest martial artist of all time, its pathetic. Bruce Lee is the most influential and probably technically the best on the list. To even have Jackie Chan and to a lesser extent Jet Li on the list is comical. 90% of what you see them do on screen is comical
ph34r.gif
and Seagal could not punch his way out of a paper bag(probably try to use an armlock instead) and Van Damme is always comical. Chuck and Sonny are "decent" martial artists.

0546992800.jpg

May 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #112 of 131
Quote:

Since you mentioned Ran,

here are other ones on the same vein:

Kagemusha
Throne of Blood
The Hidden Fortress
Rashomon
Seven Samurai

Hopefully, we'll get to see them all on Blu-Ray!!
beerchug.gif

I've seen a few of those already, if not all of them. Can't remember for sure. Friend of mine has Hidden Fortress on DVD too.

May 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #113 of 131
Quote:

ph34r.gif

Congrats - you win for most ignorant post of the day!

May 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #114 of 131
Quote:

ph34r.gif

Well, for the poll I obviously meant Martial artists in movies, other wise.... I would have specified that. Everybody else here and their mama understood that, except you.

Maybe not everyone on the list is your cup of tea, but that is strictly subjective, and that's why I included the Other option.

So if you really want to get serious....then make your own LET'S GET SERIOUS MARTIAL ARTIST Thread!!
wink.gif

May 22, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #115 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats - you win for most ignorant post of the day!

Actually I think you just won the award for the most pathetic statement of the day.
Apart from possibly Bruce Lee the other artists mentioned would not even be known if it was not for their acting(?).
They are only on the list because they are famous. For every one famous martial art actor their are thousands of martial artists who are not famous who are much better martial artists. If you believe in the title of the poll then basically you are saying if you are not a famous martial artist you are not a good martial artist.
tongue.gif

So I think you need to get a grip on reality.

May 22, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #116 of 131
Audirephilos;5701710 said:
Well, for the poll I obviously meant Martial artists in movies, other wise.... I would have specified that. Everybody else here and their mama understood that, except you.

It was your title so you take responsibility for it. It says what it says!
You did not 'obviously' mean martial artists in movies else you would of put it in the title of the poll!!

There are a lot of idiots around that will take it as a near definitive list of the worlds greatest martial artists simply because they are famous.
I have every right to critisize the title of the poll because it is a bad title. I mean (I haven't read every post) every one who has replied with an answer could be believing that they could be choosing the best martial artist ever!!

I have not got any complaints about this thread just the title of the poll. Can you say that everyone who has voted knows what you really are asking.

May 22, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #117 of 131
Quote:

There are a lot of idiots around that will take it as a near definitive list of the worlds greatest martial artists simply because they are famous.
I have every right to critisize the title of the poll because it is a bad title. I mean (I haven't read every post) every one who has replied with an answer could be believing that they could be choosing the best martial artist ever!!

I have not got any complaints about this thread just the title of the poll. Can you say that everyone who has voted knows what you really are asking.

Everything was fine untill you came along with your crap attitude, stick to the subject like everyone else has or get the hell out.

May 22, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #118 of 131
Then the title of the poll should be changed to something that resembles reality. The poll does not mention movies or acting. So what is the subject exactly? The poll asks for one thing and the rest of the thread discusses something else.

May 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #119 of 131
Quote:

Then the title of the poll should be changed to something that resembles reality. The poll does not mention movies or acting. So what is the subject exactly? The poll asks for one thing and the rest of the thread discusses something else.

6793621c716d82710.jpg

May 22, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #120 of 131
nigeljames;5702707 said:
Quote:

Learn how to quote and then criticize.

Quote:

You did not 'obviously' mean martial artists in movies else you would of put it in the title of the poll!!

Ok...the title can mislead(i give you that), but not the poll list. I mean who in the world doesn't know that they're all actors. If I meant to say competing martial artists then I would have named people like Royce Gracie, Fedor Emelianenko, Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Antonio R Nogueira, Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson, Urijah Faber, Lyoto Machida, or Mauricio Rua, but I didn't.

Quote:

Are there any idiots here?....hello anybody?...calling all idiots!!!...oh sorry so far, none have responded!...oh wait I hear one ....it's coming from within this same post....oh there you are! Nigel.....take it easy man, there's no reason to be so upset! (talking to the idiot that responded).
..well all I can say is..if the title of the poll really bothers you, then talk to the mods, maybe they will change it for you. If not then, go crap on another thread!!
goodbye nigel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back