Chose your favorite Martial Artist & suggest your favorite films!!
May 16, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #61 of 131
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sorry Erik - Van Damme wins hands down with cheese factor
redface.gif

May 16, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #62 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to say that if Bruce Lee was still around any of the other "martial artists" in this list (a few of them laughable) would have their asses handed to them in a match, but I really enjoy watching Jackie Chan the most out of all of them. He's simply the most entertaining out of all of them IMO, and the best stunt man alive. Seagall and Van Damme are just plain douchebags.

Bruce was great, but if he was still alive he would be 69 years old. Hardly a threat.

I'd really like to see some evidence that Bruce Lee accepted challenges to fight by random people. I find this claim highly improbable.

best Martial Arts Film moment: When Bruce Lee reaches out and grabs a handful of Chuck Norris's chest hair and pulls it out! Then blows it out of his hand. Even as a boy I knew that move was totally awesome.

May 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #63 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bruce was great, but if he was still alive he would be 69 years old. Hardly a threat.

I'd really like to see some evidence that Bruce Lee accepted challenges to fight by random people. I find this claim highly improbable.

best Martial Arts Film moment: When Bruce Lee reaches out and grabs a handful of Chuck Norris's chest hair and pulls it out! Then blows it out of his hand. Even as a boy I knew that move was totally awesome.

That was a great move!

It wasn't improbable at all for top martial artists to be challenged and fight. Especially someone that challenged the conventions of tradition. That has been going on as far back as recorded history among martial art teachers or prominent martial artists. It's just the pampered actors of today in our "get in a fight and go to jail" world today that makes it hard for us to believe this stuff.

It was metioned in a documentary about him by a couple of actors in the film with him specific incidences where he'd would make quick work of someone that wants a shot at beating the master. Also, the whole reason he came to America was because he was getting in so many fights growing up. They wanted to distance him from that.

Yes, he was for real during his time anyway. Now-a-days MMA has devloped and has been refined beyond his technique

May 16, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #64 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6WrNErNxX1M

Sorry Erik - Van Damme wins hands down with cheese factor
redface.gif

The women dancing like that look sexy, the guy, not so much.

May 16, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #65 of 131
I voted for Jet Li because he is the star in Fist of Legend - one my favorite films. Other films, not mentioned, I'd also suggest

-36th Chambers of Shaolin
-One-Armed Swordsman

May 16, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #66 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think his best moment was this scene as it made him an instant hero with the Chinese people overnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4eEHc4iwg

May 17, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #68 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VanDamme is the KING...of the $5 DVD bin.

Actually that doesn't include No Retreat No Surrender 'cause it never came out on DVD here in the US.

41GLYVJnI9L._SS500_.jpg

He was Badass in this movie, even though the movie was so low budget.

YouTube - No Retreat, No Surrender part 9

May 17, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #69 of 131
May 17, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #71 of 131
never seen bruce lee x_x

May 17, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #72 of 131
If we're talking about movie martial artists, I'll have to go with Jackie Chan. He's such a great entertainer, qua martial artist. And a great martial arts movie should be entertaining, no? Else, why not just watch martial arts competitions for technical skill?

May 17, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #73 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If we're talking about movie martial artists, I'll have to go with Jackie Chan. He's such a great entertainer, qua martial artist. And a great martial arts movie should be entertaining, no? Else, why not just watch martial arts competitions for technical skill?

I like Jackie too but why do all of his movies need to be comidies? Its too late now but he should have done some serious stuff too. He had the talent, WTH?

May 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #75 of 131
Wouldnt make a difference to me as long as mofo's were dying. The serious stuff makes me bloood thristy, its more exciting. Everytime I see Bloodsport or Enter the Dragon I wanna go rip someones throat out and drink their blood.
wink.gif

countdraculachristopher.jpg
bloodfordraculaudokierl.jpg
33019656849411355a6c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back