Chose your favorite Martial Artist & suggest your favorite films!!
May 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 131

Audirephilos

100+ Head-Fier
~Who is your favorite Martial Artist?~

Out of all genres of movies, Martial Arts have got to be the one I enjoy the most!! There are so many out there!.... this genre is so infected and cluttered with Xtra cheese and bad cinema, that it makes it hard for us to find the real gems. In your film watching journey...

~what are some of those found gems, or Cult Classics in Martial Arts films that you have enjoyed and will truly recommend!!!~

I have enjoyed so many of them and will highly commend the "Bruce Lee collection"!! Bruce IMO is one of the most influential and highly skilled martial artist of all time!!

May 13, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 131
I would have loved to see a fight between bruce and an aikido master. The defensive skills of the aikido master vs bruce's ability to adapt and his speed would have been very interesting. If there's any test of ones skill, that has got to be it IMO

May 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have loved to see a fight between bruce and an aikido master. The defensive skills of the aikido master vs bruce's ability to adapt and his speed would have been very interesting. If there's any test of ones skill, that has got to be it IMO

So you mean Bruce Vs Seagal.

I think Bruce would have kicked seagal's ass so bad.
biggrin.gif

The only thing Seagal would have beaten Bruce lee at....would be at a staring contest.

but you're right though it would have been interesting to see a match like that. Eventhough I thing Bruce was too quick and an Aikido master would have never been able to get a hold of him.

May 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #6 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a big ZATOICHI fan.

zatoichimusicaljourney3.jpg

Isn't Zatoichi a fictional japanese character series? I've never seen this series before.

May 13, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audirephilos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you mean Bruce Vs Seagal.

I think Bruce would have kicked seagal's ass so bad.
biggrin.gif

The only thing Seagal would have beaten Bruce lee at....would be at a staring contest.

but you're right though it would have been interesting to see a match like that. Eventhough I thing Bruce was too quick and an Aikido master would have never been able to get a hold of him.

not a fan of seagal to be honest
tongue.gif

May 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #10 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not a fan of seagal to be honest
tongue.gif

Me either.
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #11 of 131
Quote:

~Who is your favorite Martial Artist?~

Liu Chia Jen or Leung Kar Yan aka "Beardie"

Quote:

~what are some of those found gems, or Cult Classics in Martial Arts films that you have enjoyed and will truly recommend!!!~

Fearless Dragons (starring Beardie, epic finale fight scene)
Life On The Line (USA "60 Second Assassin") starring Beardie (as the antagonist this time) in another epic finale
Call Me Dragon starring Bruce Liang as Little Dragon (think They Call Me Trinity) vs. Kurata

These are all from the 70s found them on the DVD "The Martial Arts Essentials, Volume 3: The Best of the Best Series One" for $14.95 (6 films in total).

May 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #13 of 131
I recently caught a very good film. If you liked Jet Li's Fearless then you'll like this too. Donnie Yen in: Ip Man. The story of Bruce Lee's master.

Other movies of note:

Ong Bak (Tony Jaa)
The Protector aka Tom Yum Goong (Tony Jaa)
Ong Bak 2 (some say they dont like it, but the fight scenes were still good)
Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Once upon a time in China (Jet Li)
Flash Point
Iron Monkey (1993) (Donnie Yen)
SPL aka Sha Po Lang aka Killzone (Donnie Yen, Samo Hung, Wu Jing)
Enter the Dragon (Bruce Lee)
Return of the Dragon (Bruce Lee)
Chocolate (thai fight film)
Goregous (Jackie Chan)
Police Story (Jackie Chan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back