Chordomic fluid
Feb 22, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Concept makes sense about maximising contact surface, assuming it does not evaporate too quickly.

Feb 22, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 5
Concept makes sense about maximising contact surface, assuming it does not evaporate too quickly.
According to the article, the polymer is long lasting. The article states: “Apparently, the original test cables that were treated four years ago by Chord are still “significantly outperforming” the untreated versions built at the same time”. At £200 for a 10ml bottle it had better last a while. I am far more interested in what they mean by “significantly outperforming” and how often it needs to be reapplied. I’m certainly not accusing a fine company like Chord of being disingenuous or misleading but I definitely need to know a LOT more before taking this step! I hope someone from Chord would chime in here with more information.

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #5 of 5
the name has a dirty ring to it, improving surface contact is one thing, adding yet another compound (and one of unspecified nature at that) is another. I'd rather upgrade my connectors to ones that have enough conductance without, or do without connectors where possible (usually only feasible when DIYing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back