Chord Warranty Question
Sep 20, 2020 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kenray536

New Head-Fier
Has strict is Chord with warranty claims?

I am looking at buying a DAVE second hand and the owner doesn’t have the receipt but says the firmware was updated by Chord with the last few months.

Is the Dave now in their system based on serial number for future warranty claims? Or would I need to provide a receipt if I had to send it for warranty?

Unit is about 3 years old and has no issues. I just wanted to see if I would be covered down the road if something happens.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sep 20, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 8
I contacted them but haven’t received a response yet.

I guess I am looking for anyone that has sent in a Chord product for warranty before. Are Chord warranties handled directly by Chord or do you have to go through a dealer?

Once you have received warranty service is your Chord product in the system since it was registered and the warranty started? Or do you have to provide a receipt for every warranty claim?

Thanks again everyone. I appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 8
I recently had some issues with my Dave and I returned it to my dealer and they arranged for it to be sent to Chord Electronics. The problem was fixed and Chord shipped my Dave back to the dealer within 4weeks. I believe they changed the entire circuit board so my Dave now looks like new :relaxed: Have to thank Chord for the prompt and excellent service. My Dave is 4years old.

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 8
I recently had some issues with my Dave and I returned it to my dealer and they arranged for it to be sent to Chord Electronics. The problem was fixed and Chord shipped my Dave back to the dealer within 4weeks. I believe they changed the entire circuit board so my Dave now looks like new :relaxed: Have to thank Chord for the prompt and excellent service. My Dave is 4years old.

Thanks for the reply. What kind of issue did your Dave Develop?
Is it common for Dave to have issues?

So all warranty exchanges are handled through the dealer?
I guess I wouldn't have a dealer in this situation since I would be buying second hand. I'm not sure how Chord would handle this. Or would they still be willing to do warranty repairs?

I'm on the fence right now....

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 8
My Dave developed some distortion issues when playing music. I do not think this is a common problem based on feedback from my dealer. It was subtle but upon careful listening, I could hear the distortion. My dealer did a good job in sending my Dave in for servicing.

I am guessing that if the Dave is registered with Chord Electronics, then it should not matter if you send it to a dealer or directly. But I reckon if you want to send the Dave in for servicing, it is best you e-mail them first to avoid any misunderstanding. There is also the question of postage. In my case, my dealer took care of everything.

Sep 22, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 8

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #8 of 8
My Dave developed some distortion issues when playing music. I do not think this is a common problem based on feedback from my dealer. It was subtle but upon careful listening, I could hear the distortion. My dealer did a good job in sending my Dave in for servicing.

I am guessing that if the Dave is registered with Chord Electronics, then it should not matter if you send it to a dealer or directly. But I reckon if you want to send the Dave in for servicing, it is best you e-mail them first to avoid any misunderstanding. There is also the question of postage. In my case, my dealer took care of everything.

I’ve decided that I’m just going to buy from an authorized dealer. Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back