Chord MOJO vs MacBook Pro Touchbar 2017.
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #16 of 17
I understand this is an old post. I got the Mojo and played around with it. I totally y agree with Donkeywalker - I tried playing the mojo connected to iPhone 11 pro using 'Focal Elear' headphones, streaming Tidal and then switching the same head phones to Mac book pro 2017 without the mojo. There is no doubt that MBP outlets the mojo. I even tested with 'Focal Utopia' and Bose quite comfort the results were the same. It will certainly be better than listening on the iPhone 11 pro, but not for $500. I expected substantial SQ with my iPhone. all this says is the onboard DAC/ Amp on MBP is superior to mojo. Even the sales guy said mojo is far better than other competitors like Dragon fly and IFI IDSD. May be true when used with portable device like mobile phones but definitely not with descent laptops like MBP. Probably I will end up selling the Mojo. I will be using the headphone mainly for travelling, and most time I will have my MBP. Was not happy with the battery life of mojo.

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #17 of 17
I am also considering Mojo, Hugo 2 or Qutest for my DAC at home with MacBook Pro 2019. While Mojo is the most portable, I don't see myself bringing it out to listen with iPhone (it is unsafe if I bring overseas trips). Hugo 2 is in between and Qutest is totally non-portable. I am thinking if I get Hugo 2 I opt myself out for an amp (and balanced amp). What do you guys recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back