Chord Mojo & Samsung S8
Aug 18, 2017 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dbalvo

100+ Head-Fier
I'm having trouble getting my Chord Mojo to work with my Samsung S8 for things like Spotify & Youtube. My Mojo works fine with an S7, and a Hugo I have works fine with the S8. But when the Mojo/S8 pair, things get strange:

1) The phone sees the Mojo (in that it's listed as an audio output device) but no sound plays.
2) After disconnecting the Mojo, the phone will play no sound at all until it is rebooted.

I'm using a proper USB-C OTG cable (and I've tested with a separate Mojo and cable - same results.) The Mojo does work if I use it with UAPP. But I can't use it for things like Spotify (which UAPP doesn't support.) Anyone else seen this - anyone solved it?

Thanks

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2 of 9
It hasn't been solver by anyone, same for me. I want to use it with bandcamp, nothing. S7E was fine. It's the darned Android system IMO. Noone on XDA forum could help either. I'm contacting Chord.

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 9
I'm having trouble getting my Chord Mojo to work with my Samsung S8 for things like Spotify & Youtube. My Mojo works fine with an S7, and a Hugo I have works fine with the S8. But when the Mojo/S8 pair, things get strange:

1) The phone sees the Mojo (in that it's listed as an audio output device) but no sound plays.
2) After disconnecting the Mojo, the phone will play no sound at all until it is rebooted.

I'm using a proper USB-C OTG cable (and I've tested with a separate Mojo and cable - same results.) The Mojo does work if I use it with UAPP. But I can't use it for things like Spotify (which UAPP doesn't support.) Anyone else seen this - anyone solved it?

Thanks

Go into apps on your S8.....force stop UAPP.....now play through Spotify

Sep 10, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 9
Go into apps on your S8.....force stop UAPP.....now play through Spotify
Are you sure about this?i jnow that if you set UAPP as default player it will launch whenever a usb dac is commected so the custom driver will be locked. Im awaiting my mojo and oppo se i hope both play nice with other apps although the upsampling is gonna ruin it

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 9
Have you tried changing the USB Configuration in Developer Options? To enable Developer Options -- which is a hidden menu in Settings -- go to About Phone in Settings and tap Build Number 7 times. You should get a pop up stating that Developer Options have been enabled. Go back to the main Settings menu and Developer Options should appear at the very bottom. Scroll down about halfway and make sure the USB Configuration is set to either MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). If that doesn't work, try changing the USB Configuration to Audio Source.

Edit: sorry, went back and re-read your question. The above probably won't help.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 9
Can u pls help with where u got the cable? I'm dying to have my happy working with mojo again now that I upgraded from my s7 to s8

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #7 of 9
Already posted a link a page or 2 back

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #9 of 9
Unless I am missing something I guess u did that in another thread, there is only one page in this one. Any chance u can help here?
Look for oppo ha2 USB c cable on ebay. Yourcharger ie the name of the seller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back