Chord Mojo obsolete?
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #16 of 27
For me the MOJO remains the benchmark (I'm perhaps not as heavily invested as some here) but its just so damn fiddly to carry an iPhone, connectors, Mojo and then plug into it on the go. I travel a lot with work (far more than I'd prefer in fact) and have bought an AK Jr for listening to music on the go as it slides into a pocket, any pocket, without issue or bulk or fear of breaking a connector. Despite it's amazing sound (and it is amazing, let's take nothing away from that) it's just not so convenient for music on the go, or mobile joy as it's pitched.

This is an old thread - but with the Hiby R3 there’s a really interesting solution available now.
The Hiby R3 is almost the same size as the Mojo so it should stack perfectly, and can then be remote controlled from a phone via the Hiby Link App!

I have both on order :)

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 27
This is an old thread - but with the Hiby R3 there’s a really interesting solution available now.
The Hiby R3 is almost the same size as the Mojo so it should stack perfectly, and can then be remote controlled from a phone via the Hiby Link App!

I have both on order :)

There are quite a number of small reviews comparing them over in the Hiby r3 thread, you'll need to head toward the end.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-hiby-r3-the-new-little-brother-to-the-r6.872288/

I am in the camp that purchased both, but I haven't had a chance to compare them yet. It seems that one can do an AB by using the USB out from the R3 and then volume matching.

So far, I really am enjoying both.

May 13, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #20 of 27
Did the research and came up with the answer - iFi iDSD and IFi iDAC2. Both outperform MOJO, offer better connectivity, more options and cost less. Price range $450-500 offers much better sound quality than MOJO delivers.
Test them, that’s all I’m saying. I’ve tried iFi stuff based on reccs, and I wasn’t too impressed. The Mojo however was very impressive.

May 13, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 27
Well Darko recommends the Mojo over the iFi ZEN DAC (vid 1) and Cambridge DACMagic M200 (vid 2) in a series of three videos covering DACs for first-time buyers. So that will likely boost up sales a bit. I agree with the assessment that Mojo offers great audio and power for the price, even for a 6 year old DAC.

May 13, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #22 of 27
I have both iFi iDac2 and Mojo, and to me, pure sound wise, the Mojo sounds better than iDac2 which IMHO can be a bit bright and unrefined on treble. By other hand the iDac2 is basically just a DAC with a "bonus" headphone amp, while mojo offers a lot more features, usb, optical, coax inputs, two headphones output, preamp, higher sample, etc.

Also I compared the mojo as a headphone amp vs rnhp using HD600 and the mojo is really close to Neve amp, which is remarkable for a mobile device.

May 20, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 27
I have the iFi Diablo and I do like that more than the Mojo. However, I think that the Mojo is better than most amp/dac even 6 years after it was made.

I suspect that there is another tide of people wondering if the Mojo 2 is coming. I certainly did after reading a few threads, seeing a few deals in the DEALS thread, and reading a few comments by other head-fiers.

May 20, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #24 of 27
Let's make this clear. I would sell my Diablo in a heatbeat and pick up the Mojo 2 without any impressions from folks. Something was magical about that device.

Sep 24, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #25 of 27
Any of you MOJO owners ever have those micro USB slots fail? I have not owned a single device with that component that did not fail and I am interested in this unit but micro USB concerns me.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #26 of 27
^
Five years with mine and no issues at all.

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #27 of 27
Any of you MOJO owners ever have those micro USB slots fail? I have not owned a single device with that component that did not fail and I am interested in this unit but micro USB concerns me.
My USB had intermittent connection issues then failed completely after 5 years. Luckily it happened just before I pulled the trigger on a Poly. Now have to use it as a desktop setup with optical in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back