Chord Mojo lightning to micro usb cable.
Feb 15, 2019 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Thewalkaway

New Head-Fier
Hi all:)
I am currently searching for a lightning to micro usb cable for the Mojo.
Untill this week I had never used the mojo outside the house and thus never had portability issues with it but my se846 had a nozzle problem and untill I recieve a new one I am forced to use my JH16v2 pro customs at work. I never use the se846 paired with the mojo at work but the JH16 well, I just can't fathom using them without it...
I was very carefull not to damage either the mojo or the earpieces and everything (phone and mojo) while a bit bulky fit very nicely in my working pants with the mitter case.
My problem is that it has been a week now since I've started working like this and I destroyed two sets of cables already.
I had the meenova cable on one hand and the apple camera adapter on the other.
Five days later they're both not working anymore.
The meenova has obvious and apparent damage and the apple cable does not have any signs of damage but my phone indicates the accessory is not recognized when it actually tries to connect at all.

Do you guys have proper portable solutions for the mojo and most importantly ideas for cables that still work with current ios updates (12 and beyond) other than the two cables aforementioned?

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 12
May 30, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 12
Hi all:)
I am currently searching for a lightning to micro usb cable for the Mojo.
Untill this week I had never used the mojo outside the house and thus never had portability issues with it but my se846 had a nozzle problem and untill I recieve a new one I am forced to use my JH16v2 pro customs at work. I never use the se846 paired with the mojo at work but the JH16 well, I just can't fathom using them without it...
I was very carefull not to damage either the mojo or the earpieces and everything (phone and mojo) while a bit bulky fit very nicely in my working pants with the mitter case.
My problem is that it has been a week now since I've started working like this and I destroyed two sets of cables already.
I had the meenova cable on one hand and the apple camera adapter on the other.
Five days later they're both not working anymore.
The meenova has obvious and apparent damage and the apple cable does not have any signs of damage but my phone indicates the accessory is not recognized when it actually tries to connect at all.

Do you guys have proper portable solutions for the mojo and most importantly ideas for cables that still work with current ios updates (12 and beyond) other than the two cables aforementioned?

Thanks in advance:)
The apple cables have long been recognised as expensive but fragile - expensive because so many of them need to be replaced free-of-charge by apple, so that cost gets factored into the original price. Third party cables can be cheaper, but seem even more fragile, and apple does try and prevent them working when ios is updated.
There were several suggestions for apple:mojo cables in the FAQ in post #3 of the Mojo thread.
Chord also brought out the cable accessories pack to enable less stressful use of cables to connect Mojo and phones/daps. https://www.son-video.com/article/accessoires-baladeurs/chord-electronics/kit-cable-mojo

May 30, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 12
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 12
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 12
It's really a shame if s a fellow head-fier who is spending his time to help and share his experiences in good faith is getting such a response.
He's not responsible for your buying decisions and for checking compatibility with your devices.

For the others - I have 2 Meenova cables and they work fine with my iPhone 6s, iPhoen SE and iPad Pro 9,7" from 2016

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 12
Just got mine and is a no go with the Mojo on my iPhone 7 and iPad. So that is $18 out the door for nothing. Thanks.

Thats odd. I’ve owned several of them and they worked fine with mojo and Hugo 2.

It might be an iOS issue. Update your phone if you can.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #10 of 12
Thats odd. I’ve owned several of them and they worked fine with mojo and Hugo 2.

It might be an iOS issue. Update your phone if you can.
I just updated 2 days ago that might be the problem.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #12 of 12
No

Users who are viewing this thread

Back