Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 24, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #9,871 of 42,765
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Quote:
Has anybody found that the balls sometimes stick in place and won't click? The volume down ball is fine, it rotates without any force, but volume up and power are stiff and sometimes I need to rotate them with a little bit of force before they become clickable again.

My balls rotate freely and don't stick. lol  That's how they should be I presume.

If you have computer screen or lens cleaner try giving them a good clean and polish (with the unit off of course) and dry.  The manual says you can use Windex but that sounds a bit harsh (I'm protective of all my electronics).

If you still find they're sticky I think you should get it serviced or replaced.  You don't want the volume up ball to stick and blow out some nice earphones.

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #9,872 of 42,765

My balls rotate freely and don't stick. lol  That's how they should be I presume.

If you have computer screen or lens cleaner try giving them a good clean and polish (with the unit off of course) and dry.  The manual says you can use Windex but that sounds a bit harsh (I'm protective of all my electronics).

If you still find they're sticky I think you should get it serviced or replaced.  You don't want the volume up ball to stick and blow out some nice earphones.

Thanks.  I used window cleaner on a cloth and now they're moving much more freely.

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #9,874 of 42,765

Some time some foriegn material might get into the gap surrounding the ball. Try rotating the ball for a few minutes the ball should become free.

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #9,876 of 42,765
With the included micro usb cable it's loose at the Mojo side and loses connection with my phone if the cable is nudged slightly up or down, only a gentle nudge is required to make it lose connection.  

I connected a couple of other micro usb cables which seem a bit better and require more of a nudge to break the connection but it still happens. 

Not ideal if strapping it to my phone.  Is anybody else experiencing this? Do I have a defective unit?

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #9,879 of 42,765
GreenBow: Interesting that you pointed out the 0.5 second mute isn't consistent. While I didn't notice that while using Mojo + iPhone during my week long audition period, I do find the same inconsistency in applying the 0.5 second mute applies to the Soundaware Esther DAP I just reviewed. The 0.5 second mute should only happen in that DAP when switching between resolution, but it sometimes occurs between songs with the same resolution. Not sure why. I just mention it because it sounds similar. Sorry if it's too OT.

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #9,880 of 42,765
Mine does, but it's coax jack on the Mojo, the port is not loose (no play) when the 3.5mm is plugged in, but still same thing happens as in your video when i judge the cable

Quote:
  facing an issue here, not sure if it's covered under warranty
I use my mojo/dap stacks as portable, they are kept in my messenger bag while commuting
recently i notice the sound is breaking up whenever there is movement

i hv checked with several cables and able to pinpoint it to the mojo coax jack, when I twist the cable around while plugged in, the sounds breaks (power button light on the mojo flickers)
it does not happen on the X5 coax out jack. I hv tried switching both ends/3 cable types

mojo > fiio L17 > X5
being a portable, I kinda expect the L17 will be 'pushed' around a bit while in my bag

With the included micro usb cable it's loose at the Mojo side and loses connection with my phone if the cable is nudged slightly up or down, only a gentle nudge is required to make it lose connection.  

I connected a couple of other micro usb cables which seem a bit better and require more of a nudge to break the connection but it still happens. 

Not ideal if strapping it to my phone.  Is anybody else experiencing this? Do I have a defective unit?

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #9,881 of 42,765

My factory cable did the same, however I didn't experience any problem with other usb cables. So in my case the factory cable was defective.

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #9,882 of 42,765
Hey there,
I am planing to get rid of the smartphone as primary source, therefore I am going to build a Raspberry Pi 2 Streamer running Music Demon Player.
Has somebody tried this combination with mojo before?

Cheers

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #9,883 of 42,765
  Try charging overnight with the unit off. The charging circuit looks at the state of the battery before charging. If the battery has a very low voltage, it will trickle charge the battery until it gets to a safe voltage, and then full charge will commence. This trickle charge mode can take several hours, and it is done for safety reasons, and it will appear that the battery is not working as the trickle charge mode takes some time. When in this mode Mojo must be off.

When charging make sure the battery light is white and not flashing - if it flashes, pull out the charging cable, count to ten, re-attach the charging cable. If it continues to flash, it is most likely the charger is not giving 1A at 5V, so use a better charger.

Rob 

Thanks much for the response Rob. I will give it one more shot.

I have it charging again. The battery light is white and not flashing. The unit is off (as it won't stay on anyhow) and I will let it go overnight. I am just concerned due to the fact I let it charge for about 12 hours last time. Hopefully, it was just in a trickle charge mode as you mention. 

If it's somehow stuck with the power on, please let me know what I can do to check. I just don't think so being that it won't power on without the cable in, as if the battery has zero charge (and I have not held the power button after plugging the charger, to power it on.)

I charged it overnight using a charger that is 1A 5V charger, per what I was informed. It was solid white light last night, checking multiple times before bed, but was blinking as of this morning when I woke up.

I am using another charger (3rd different one, 1A 5V rated per my understanding) and it's solid light again, and has been like that for the past hour. 

I also purchased another charger and cable, and will revert to that as a "final option" if this doesn't work. The store rep said it's solid quality. I will have tried 4 different chargers and 4 different cables including the newest one, at that point. All of the chargers used (except the one I just purchased) have charged other devices without issue. I understand that the Mojo has particular charging device/power requirements, so I am doing my best to adhere to them.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #9,884 of 42,765
Hey there,
I am planing to get rid of the smartphone as primary source, therefore I am going to build a Raspberry Pi 2 Streamer running Music Demon Player.
Has somebody tried this combination with mojo before?

Cheers

I've been using the Mojo with a Raspberry Pi 2 (using RuneAudio, which is based on the Music Player Daemon), the Banana Pro (using MPD and the Gnome Music Player Client), and a Cubietruck (with RuneAudio), and the Mojo sounded great with all of them. I been trying these low power boards because I can attach USB (on the Raspberry Pi) or SATA drives (on the Banana Pro and the Cubietruck) to them for more storage than I can get on a phone. 

Best,
Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back