Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 17, 2024 at 2:36 AM Post #10,727 of 10,895
98.37% of chords products are silver, I think I'd like a silver mojo 2. Is there a reason why it's black?

May 17, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #10,728 of 10,895
May 17, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #10,729 of 10,895
98.37% of chords products are silver, I think I'd like a silver mojo 2. Is there a reason why it's black?
I guess the light "globes" are more visible while use portable.
That's how I see the benefit of the dark body. :)

May 17, 2024 at 3:58 AM Post #10,731 of 10,895
I reckon it might increase the soundstage

May 17, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #10,733 of 10,895
Regarding soundstage, I just received a Mojo 2 + Poly and it’s very narrow, my Hifiman Ananda Nano sounds almost closed back compared to connected straight to my MacBook Air m2.
don’t confuse higher frequencies with a bigger stage, I was like that too. just tried my arya on my macbook air m2 just for the fun of it.

To give an example.
But using the chord tt2+mscaler for quite some time, I can’t go back.

I used the burson 3xrgt + super charger, and sure hell is not bad, but sounds brighter which seems as a bigger stage which it is not.

The chord actually gives more depth, never ever gets fatiqueing

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #10,735 of 10,895
don’t confuse higher frequencies with a bigger stage, I was like that too. just tried my arya on my macbook air m2 just for the fun of it.

To give an example.
But using the chord tt2+mscaler for quite some time, I can’t go back.

I used the burson 3xrgt + super charger, and sure hell is not bad, but sounds brighter which seems as a bigger stage which it is not.

The chord actually gives more depth, never ever gets fatiqueing
I've noticed a big difference to depth compared the the K7 I have been previously using. Not a wide though

May 17, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #10,737 of 10,895
Black is cheaper to manufacture?
Compared to brushed aluminum, yes. But since both the black and silver are anodized, I can't see any significant cost difference.

It's cheaper just to have one color for certain. Given the price point of the Hugo2, the increase in cost of having 2 colors is probably minor. Same with the 2go and 2yu. All are significantly more expensive than the Mojo2.

Considering many people are going to throw the Mojo2 in a case for protection, color is less relevant. Since the Hugo2 and above are more geared toward stationary or 2 channel use, color choices become more important. IMHO

May 17, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #10,738 of 10,895
Yeah good points @TheR0v3r, as I been saying, the DAC is very nice and I prefer it to many more expensive ones, however the soundstage and punch could be better - this is where for me an added amp helps as some of them had the effect of increased soundstage. Also by doing many equipment testing lately, it sounds to me that the more brighter/airy amps sound better with Mojo, maybe its a personal taste. Whenever I add an amp which has more dark and muddy sound I feel it kills the details of Mojo, like I feel loosing resolution.
Played some of the different tracks I use to evaluate soundstage and it got me thinking. First of all, I agree about an external amp improving soundstage (and punch), at least with my headphones.

Second, what I noticed when playing different tracks is actually that the soundstage changes alot with the different tracks. My previous DAC (R2R) had a more spacious presentation as a ”default” and I don’t remember hearing as large a differences between tracks as I do now.

It could actually be that the Mojo 2 has a more correct presentation of soundstage than what I’ve become used to…

May 17, 2024 at 1:38 PM Post #10,739 of 10,895
I think the Mojo 2 is black only.
My Hugo 2 is silver, and I have been happy with that.
I ordered a silver TT2, but the courier lost it, so I ended up with a black TT2.

For me the advantage of a silver device was that it shows the dust less, but otherwise the majority of sales seem to be of black devices.

May 17, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #10,740 of 10,895

Users who are viewing this thread

Back