Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 11, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #10,111 of 10,527
I defend flyte3333 as I think he didn't say anything wrong.

I have owned the Qudelix and for those who like it and need a PEQ I believe it is the only portable device currently on the market that provides such 360° functionality and such potential is currently not reproducible with any other device (something FiiO is doing but with inferior characteristics). So anyone who says it's possible to play the same thing in portability with dozens, hundreds and even thousands of options doesn't even know what we're talking about.

flyte3333 made a correct observation, saying that it is not possible to exploit a PEQ with Apple Music Hires, the same goes for Spotify and at the moment only Qudelix allows it.

You necessarily have to rely on software players that implement it but there is no support for Apple Music or Spotify and even using a DAP that implement a PEQ, you can only take advantage of it if you use the integrated player and therefore no PEQ for streaming apps.

I would like to point out again that I am referring exclusively to portable use.

I believe that flyte3333 simply wanted to suggest to Rob how other competitors have succeeded in this attempt, to be able to implement it in future releases and perhaps obtain better results thanks to the UHD technology of Mojo 2, because let's face it: Qudelix 5k has excellent software and EQ well implemented but it sounds aseptic there is no EQ that can solve this thing nothing to do with the sound of Mojo 2.

Mojo 2's lossless EQ is completely different and has so much potential, if only slightly different choices had been made about the filters and band points chosen, it would have had more flexibility and we probably wouldn't be here comparing it to other EQs better.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #10,113 of 10,527
"Mojo 2's lossless EQ is completely different"

And that's why I own both the Qudelix and the Mojo2
Unfortunately, Qudelix's PEQ is the classic EQ with bit loss that introduces noise and phase distortion, all of which is to the detriment of transparency, depth and dynamics, this applies to all other EQ software implemented in players.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #10,115 of 10,527
Unfortunately, Qudelix's PEQ is the classic EQ with bit loss that introduces noise and phase distortion, all of which is to the detriment of transparency, depth and dynamics, this applies to all other EQ software implemented in players.
Most people who use it don't care, they just EQ everything and are used to and perhaps even enjoy those distortion side-effects, which is great, I have no problem with that.

I do hope those are not the people that also enforce the other myths I read here, because if they do, well what can I say.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #10,116 of 10,527
Most people who use it don't care, they just EQ everything and are used to and perhaps even enjoy those distortion side-effects, which is great, I have no problem with that.

I do hope those are not the people that also enforce the other myths I read here, because if they do, well what can I say.
I don't understand how some people don't give importance or even worse don't perceive differences that go beyond the simple frequency response.

Sometimes I like to work with my software EQs to get the correct frequency response for my headphones and IEMs, initially I'm thrilled with it, however after a while I realize that yes I got a better frequency response but everything else it went to hell... finally I turn off the EQ and everything comes back.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #10,117 of 10,527
I believe that flyte3333 simply wanted to suggest to Rob how other competitors have succeeded in this attempt, to be able to implement it in future releases and perhaps obtain better results thanks to the UHD technology of Mojo 2, because let's face it: Qudelix 5k has excellent software and EQ well implemented but it sounds aseptic there is no EQ that can solve this thing nothing to do with the sound of Mojo 2.

Thank you - someone that actually understands the technicals and practicals of the discussion.

We are in a Mobile Joy thread but hypops wants to refer to hundreds of PC solutions lol

And yes I was replying to Rob's post where he literally wrote "I really welcome suggestions for EQ"

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:24 AM Post #10,118 of 10,527
I don't understand how some people don't give importance or even worse don't perceive differences that go beyond the simple frequency response.

Sometimes I like to work with my software EQs to get the correct frequency response for my headphones and IEMs, initially I'm thrilled with it, however after a while I realize that yes I got a better frequency response but everything else it went to hell... finally I turn off the EQ and everything comes back.
What does 'correct' mean on this context, Harmon? If so why is it correct ?

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #10,120 of 10,527
I So anyone who says it's possible to play the same thing in portability with dozens, hundreds and even thousands of options doesn't even know what we're talking about.
You missed the context. The poster was asking about PEQ. Full stop. Only when they heard that there are abundant PEQ options (software, hardware aplenty) did they get indignant and pissy and insist they needed something for a very narrow use case.

If they hadn’t been so snotty, I would have pointed out that I got a 5K for the exact same reason. I don’t have time or patience for attitudes on forums I come to with my free time.

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #10,121 of 10,527
Thank you - someone that actually understands the technicals and practicals of the discussion.

We are in a Mobile Joy thread but hypops wants to refer to hundreds of PC solutions lol

And yes I was replying to Rob's post where he literally wrote "I really welcome suggestions for EQ"

I appreciate that you are giving feedback about EQ ideas. However, without a companion app to Mojo2 (which would require software development that Chord is very poor at executing) I can't see how PEQ possible.

Maybe Chord could integrate PEQ into the Poly as there is a control app, but I see no realistic approach on the Mojo2.

Mar 11, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #10,122 of 10,527
You missed the context. The poster was asking about PEQ. Full stop. Only when they heard that there are abundant PEQ options (software, hardware aplenty) did they get indignant and pissy and insist they needed something for a very narrow use case.

If they hadn’t been so snotty, I would have pointed out that I got a 5K for the exact same reason. I don’t have time or patience for attitudes on forums I come to with my free time.
Sorry for the controversy but I feel the need to answer you.

First of all I think that if we are comparing the Mojo 2 to the Qudelix it is quite obvious that we are talking about portable use.

Also you too in the post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ge-95-of-thread.885405/page-674#post-18012899

you talked about use without a PC, even before the user specified portable use.

Subsequently the user specified the use with his iPhone and you still insinuated that there were hundreds and thousands of solutions and you decided to ignore it.... very free to do so if you want however I consider it a rather arrogant attitude.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #10,123 of 10,527
Sorry for the controversy but I feel the need to answer you.

First of all I think that if we are comparing the Mojo 2 to the Qudelix it is quite obvious that we are talking about portable use.

Also you too in the post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ge-95-of-thread.885405/page-674#post-18012899

you talked about use without a PC, even before the user specified portable use.

Subsequently the user specified the use with his iPhone and you still insinuated that there were hundreds and thousands of solutions and you decided to ignore it.... very free to do so if you want however I consider it a rather arrogant attitude.
Not sure what this is all about frankly. Thought it was rather uncontroversial. Clearly not.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #10,124 of 10,527

Well look at you, all snotty. Feel free to add me, as well. I have no time for know it all chest pounders on a forum I come to with my free time.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #10,125 of 10,527
However, without a companion app to Mojo2 (which would require software development that Chord is very poor at executing) I can't see how PEQ possible.
I actually already wrote about that in my original post.

As I wrote, Qudelix 5K lets you adjust PEQ from app. And the PEQ gets stored on the DAC itself so that all inputs can get EQ's - the EQ then has nothing to do with the app, until you want to change again.

that's the exact reason I wrote Chord should buy a Qudelix 5K, to see how simply this works...

If they do PEQ in future , I hope they don't put this in Poly, because then you are forced to use Poly as your source. Toslink and digi coax and other USB sources wont get PEQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back