Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 10, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #10,096 of 10,858
Topping have just announced multiple DACs coming soon with feature built-in 10-band parametric EQ.

To focus on Chord since we are in a Chord thread - this is what is needed with Chord products.

10-band PEQ can transform headphones and speakers listening significantly more than more 'taps'. If you can do both great.

I would love to have it in a Mojo3 / Hugo3.
Not necessary. There are dozens of ways to introduce PEQ into a chain already, most of them free. Must be a new crop of DAC/amp chips that have PEQ built in.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #10,097 of 10,858
Yoo friends. I kinda pulled the trigger on a Mojo 2 with the leather case included for 500 Euros.

Question: Ive been browsing through this 600 page thread and im lost in the flood of information:

I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with USBC C port.

Does the cable need any specifics or, is any USB C to USB C fine?
Any recommendation for a cable that can be bought in Europe/Germany?

Cheers

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #10,100 of 10,858
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #10,102 of 10,858
Not necessary. There are dozens of ways to introduce PEQ into a chain already, most of them free. Must be a new crop of DAC/amp chips that have PEQ built in.
Great thing is you can feed any source and get PEQ

Not stuck with computer source over USB

Toslink, digi coax sources

10-band PEQ built into DACs is the next evolution . For many good reasons

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #10,104 of 10,858
Great thing is you can feed any source and get PEQ

Not stuck with computer source over USB

Toslink, digi coax sources

10-band PEQ built into DACs is the next evolution . For many good reasons
There’s already lots of other ways to do PEQ without a PC. But of course having more alternatives isn't a bad thing. I just don’t think Chord needs to bother.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #10,105 of 10,858
There’s already lots of other ways to do PEQ without a PC. But of course having more alternatives isn't a bad thing. I just don’t think Chord needs to bother.
You keep stating so many ways but dont state any

Can you explain how I can do PEQ with my iPhone playing Apple Music Hires ?

And portable?

Does it come close to portability of Qudelix 5K ?

Mar 10, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #10,106 of 10,858
You keep stating so many ways but dont state any
Software and hardware aplenty offer PEQ. You can find it in DAPs, dongles, DACs, standalone DSP devices, players, streamers, etc., etc. Take your pick. I'm not about to list the hundreds (or thousands) of PEQ options. But you're welcome to go do the research yourself.

Can you explain how I can do PEQ with my iPhone playing Apple Music Hires ?

And portable?

Does it come close to portability of Qudelix 5K ?
What's your point if you've already solved your problem?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #10,107 of 10,858
I'm not about to list the hundreds (or thousands) of PEQ options.
I don't think you can list even one , that I asked

As I expected to be honest

It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to realise I cannot take my Mac Mini on the train for my PEQ needs

You dont seem to understand how Having it inside a portable DAC is a bit different

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #10,108 of 10,858
I don't think you can list even one , that I asked

As I expected to be honest

It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to realise I cannot take my Mac Mini on the train for my PEQ needs

You dont seem to understand how Having it inside a portable DAC is a bit different
Cool. I've been on a kill streak this week! Another person added to my ignore list. Bye!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back