Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Sep 20, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #8,986 of 10,858
Mojo will become the highest temperature when playing and charging at the same time if the battery is already low. If it’s left in desktop mode it should never really get very warm at all.
This is probably why mine stays cool as I never charge and play at the same time.

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #8,987 of 10,858
Hi, my Mojo 2 battery has died while charging. No I'm waiting for the service in Poland to fetch a replacement - they'll charge me around 100 EUR in total for this. Does anybody know a good source for Mojo 2 replacement batteries in Europe?

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #8,988 of 10,858
Hi, my Mojo 2 battery has died while charging. No I'm waiting for the service in Poland to fetch a replacement - they'll charge me around 100 EUR in total for this. Does anybody know a good source for Mojo 2 replacement batteries in Europe?
Hello! How did you determine the battery is dead?

Just in case, from the manual:

Following full depletion of the batteries, the charge status LED will flash red for ten seconds. If coupled with the device shutting down, a recharge is required.

If following a period of inactivity the device fails to power-on (suggesting a severely depleted battery) then the device needs to be recharged overnight, with the unit switched off.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #8,989 of 10,858
The main symptom is that although the battery is charged after the recent charging (blue light), it just doesn't charge anymore - so when I connect it to the charger (and I've tried multiple chargers and cables) neither Mojo's battery status indicator "lights up and blinks" nor the Mojo enters "desktop mode". Effectively, after this one last discharge, I won't be able to charge again.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #8,990 of 10,858
If that‘s a factory service battery replacement, that sounds pretty reasonable. More importantly, if it isn’t the battery that is bad, they should be able to document and diagnose the issue.

You can probably get a cheap Chinese sourced battery, but you don’t have any recourse if the battery is defective and damages the mojo 2. I use the aliexpress batteries in my old devices (8-10 years old), but I wouldn’t use them in my devices that are relatively new. You still have a warranty on Mojo 2 outside of the battery.

Sep 27, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #8,991 of 10,858
The main symptom is that although the battery is charged after the recent charging (blue light), it just doesn't charge anymore - so when I connect it to the charger (and I've tried multiple chargers and cables) neither Mojo's battery status indicator "lights up and blinks" nor the Mojo enters "desktop mode". Effectively, after this one last discharge, I won't be able to charge again.

If I read that correctly the Mojo 2 is currently working normally off the currently charged battery but the battery cannot be charged.

I don’t know much about batteries but if it is currently charged and the Mojo 2 is working normally it seems likely that the issue may be with something else other than just the battery.

I know when I had a bad battery problem in a different device it would not work at all not only would not charge.

I would most certainly be following up a warranty check up.

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #8,992 of 10,858
Are there any news when Poly2 is coming out? BT4 and Airplay1 are so old. Also I would love to see Google Cast.

Oct 3, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #8,993 of 10,858
Are there any news when Poly2 is coming out? BT4 and Airplay1 are so old. Also I would love to see Google Cast.
AirPlay 1 actually appears to be better, sound quality wise, than AirPlay 2. Some useful details from the Poly thread:

The document linked here has good info on airplay 2 with some evidence. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/airplay-2-not-lossless/249574/13?u=gregd

Also useful info from the Software Director at Naim https://community.naimaudio.com/t/apple-music-hifi-tier-incoming/16445/1062?u=gregd

Oct 3, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #8,994 of 10,858
Maybe poly 2 when mojo 3 comes out

note: i have read nothing about this but since some here complain about micro usb maybe a poly 2 will pop out when mojo gets rid of micro usb as per the feedback

personally i have no issue with micro usb as the charger connection

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #8,995 of 10,858
AirPlay 1 actually appears to be better, sound quality wise, than AirPlay 2. Some useful details from the Poly thread:
I didn’t know that. Thank you for the links.

Is there a way to stream to Poly from Android?

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #8,996 of 10,858
I didn’t know that. Thank you for the links.

Is there a way to stream to Poly from Android?
UPnP or DLNA.

That's the protocol I used when I had the poly and used android.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #8,997 of 10,858
For whatever reason I believe with iOS17 my Poly sounds better now in AirPlay mode. It’s very close to SD card. I’m using Amazon music and can play up to 24bit 44kHz via AirPlay. Same as before but better sound as before!?

Oct 4, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #8,998 of 10,858
For whatever reason I believe with iOS17 my Poly sounds better now in AirPlay mode. It’s very close to SD card. I’m using Amazon music and can play up to 24bit 44kHz via AirPlay. Same as before but better sound as before!?
From what I have seen in the docs, be aware that Airplay 1 is going to play at 16/44.1 no matter what apps say or what the source file is. You can validate at least the 44.1 part with the LEDs on the Mojo. However, I'd agree, for most of the time it's more than adequate for the added convenience, and I think it sounds great.

Oct 4, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #8,999 of 10,858
From what I have seen in the docs, be aware that Airplay 1 is going to play at 16/44.1 no matter what apps say or what the source file is. You can validate at least the 44.1 part with the LEDs on the Mojo. However, I'd agree, for most of the time it's more than adequate for the added convenience, and I think it sounds great.
Amazon music shows 24/44.1 and it sounds really good. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back