Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Aug 1, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #8,626 of 10,527
Mojo 2 needing warmup is like expensive digital cables making a difference. Whatever makes you happy of course but IMHO 😂

Aug 1, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #8,627 of 10,527
I've come up with a cheap solution for the summer to refresh the Mojo 2 during my listening sessions.
A good USB 5V fan, adjustable (3 positions, the first is more than enough) in "pull" mode, so no dust on the M2.
Not very aesthetic, but terribly effective.
Let's not forget that heating components inevitably affects their lifespan, so we might as well take good care of our M2s :wink:

PXL_20230801_194900224~2.jpg
PXL_20230801_194919899~2.jpg

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #8,628 of 10,527
Mojo 2 needing warmup is like expensive digital cables making a difference. Whatever makes you happy of course but IMHO 😂
Are you kidding me?? My friend once told me he upgraded to Windows 11 on his old PC and initially foobar sounded lean and harsh. He left foobar playing some white noise for a few days so his Windows 11 nicely "burnt in" and now sounding nice and smooth!!!! :beerchug:

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #8,629 of 10,527
Is this is how it always goes with the Mojo? First, you call it ugly and overhyped, then you come around to the reviews and hype, then you buy one, then it replaces your DAP, and then you love the goofy design? Because that's where I'm at. I have a VPN set up to my home computer, so use Roon on the go with it, and man oh man...

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #8,630 of 10,527
I've come up with a cheap solution for the summer to refresh the Mojo 2 during my listening sessions.
A good USB 5V fan, adjustable (3 positions, the first is more than enough) in "pull" mode, so no dust on the M2.
Not very aesthetic, but terribly effective.
Let's not forget that heating components inevitably affects their lifespan, so we might as well take good care of our M2s :wink:

PXL_20230801_194900224~2.jpg
PXL_20230801_194919899~2.jpg
Sensible solution - even during the relatively mild UK summer M2 has a tendency to overheat in my experience. I'm sure it's designed to take it but if it can be helped then why not.

Aug 1, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #8,631 of 10,527
Mojo2 does change the sound after a warm up.
And good digital cables sound better.
No one can tell me what I hear.

How many people put a door stopper on their solid sate DAC? 🛸

Aug 1, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #8,632 of 10,527
Sensible solution - even during the relatively mild UK summer M2 has a tendency to overheat in my experience. I'm sure it's designed to take it but if it can be helped then why not.
The weather in your part of the UK must be very different from mine!

The mojo2 heats up very slightly when on charge and being used at the same time, but if that slight temperature increase is harmful, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the mojo2.

Aug 1, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #8,633 of 10,527
No one can tell me what I hear.

What you hear is very different to why you hear it, that is all I have been saying.

I am not in any way telling you that you don't hear a change, I am sure you do, I am just debating as politely as I can why you believe you hear that change.

Why does any gear I own sound better on a sunny late spring day when my home office is bright but not to hot and I am looking forward to the warmer days of summer and some time off work ? That is all in my head and nothing to do with any technical change because there has been no change and yet I "hear" a distinct improvement in the quality of what I am listening to nonetheless.

Sorry if I come across argumentative, I don't intend to, I just like to understand the why and how of anything I do and this conversation is an extension of that more than it is any criticism of you and your thoughts and observations.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #8,634 of 10,527
What you hear is very different to why you hear it, that is all I have been saying.

I am not in any way telling you that you don't hear a change, I am sure you do, I am just debating as politely as I can why you believe you hear that change.

Why does any gear I own sound better on a sunny late spring day when my home office is bright but not to hot and I am looking forward to the warmer days of summer and some time off work ? That is all in my head and nothing to do with any technical change because there has been no change and yet I "hear" a distinct improvement in the quality of what I am listening to nonetheless.

Sorry if I come across argumentative, I don't intend to, I just like to understand the why and how of anything I do and this conversation is an extension of that more than it is any criticism of you and your thoughts and observations.
Here is where this discussion should be taking place

Aug 2, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #8,636 of 10,527
Wow it really kicked off here while I was away didn't it. :popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

All those posts and I did see anyone say perhaps its a faulty Mojo2, contact Chord customer service and see what they say, they may ask you to return it, I would.

Not many people will remember this but my first attempt at owning a Mojo 2 didn't go well, it sounded awful out of the right channel to a point where it burnt out the driver on my IEM, it was returned and I never heard anything else about it.

That's my one word of warning a faulty Mojo2 can output a DC offset to your delicate transducer, they don't like this (well I assume that was happening anyway)

My new Mojo2 has been flawless.

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #8,637 of 10,527
The weather in your part of the UK must be very different from mine!

The mojo2 heats up very slightly when on charge and being used at the same time, but if that slight temperature increase is harmful, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the mojo2.
To be fair I experienced this far more last summer than this "summer". Combination of high heat and a small, well insulated / badly ventilated home office meant the Mojo2 would run quite hot. Never worried about it, as you say it isn't harmful. But if I lived somewhere considerably warmer, I'd get a fan.

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #8,638 of 10,527
I got mine serviced and it didn't fix the problem. If you click on my reviews, the process was explained. The actual fix was relatively simple. New Cable. Also explained on my channel and posted earlier in this thread. :beerchug:
Just a follow up, this happened on my iPad Pro with USB-C connection so a revised lightning cable won’t fix that.. I think I am going to have to send this back to Chord. Perhaps these are two separate issues that present the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back