Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jun 3, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #8,312 of 10,527
A question to guys who have been experimenting with 'Intelligent Desktop mode' of Mojo 2. The way I understand it - as soon as mojo 2 gets completely charged it gets disconnected from internal battery and switched to the external power supply which is according to specs is 5v and >= 2 A. Is there any requirements for the external power supply? Does it have to be some kind of linear PS? Or there's some kind of "power filtering" in mojo 2 that takes care of 60 Hz hum or other artifacts...

Thanks in advance!

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #8,313 of 10,527
A question to guys who have been experimenting with 'Intelligent Desktop mode' of Mojo 2. The way I understand it - as soon as mojo 2 gets completely charged it gets disconnected from internal battery and switched to the external power supply which is according to specs is 5v and >= 2 A. Is there any requirements for the external power supply? Does it have to be some kind of linear PS? Or there's some kind of "power filtering" in mojo 2 that takes care of 60 Hz hum or other artifacts...

Thanks in advance!
Mojo2 has good power filtering so you don't have to be too selective in the power supply adapter. I'm sure there are differing opinions about it, but you can do your own testing and judge for yourself. I use my RavPower powerbank's PD USB-C output into the the mojo2 (via a USB-C to USB-micro cable) and don't notice any difference in sound if it's connected or not.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #8,314 of 10,527
Mojo2 has good power filtering so you don't have to be too selective in the power supply adapter. I'm sure there are differing opinions about it, but you can do your own testing and judge for yourself. I use my RavPower powerbank's PD USB-C output into the the mojo2 (via a USB-C to USB-micro cable) and don't notice any difference in sound if it's connected or not.
Thank you!

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #8,316 of 10,527

Thanks in advance!
Mr. Rob has said that M2 can work flawlessly in terms of sound quality between an AC charger and a "perfect" DC source such as a power bank, so just get a "normally good" charger. I also tested my device with a power bank and Ugreen/Anker charger and confirm that I cannot hear any differences.

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #8,317 of 10,527
Do you know any cheaper alternative to noise reductors like iFi IEMatch/Earbuddy? Both of my IEMs (Sands and Fan 2) hiss terribly with Mojo 2.
Trust me, the IEMatch is worth its price, I am using it daily and very happy with it, it is really an essential accessory for audiophiles.

Jun 4, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #8,318 of 10,527
thank you, guys, for your advices. I would send my mojo 2 back cause I'm not fan of carrying two or more pieces as a portable setup but this damn thing sounds so good to my ears....so don't know what to do ))
The reasonable question to me would be if I did not like a multiple unit setup , why would I get the mojo 2 in the first place? Well...just wanted to check this device to see how magical it was (based on thousands good reviews) ... and it did not disappoint ...

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #8,319 of 10,527
thank you, guys, for your advices. I would send my mojo 2 back cause I'm not fan of carrying two or more pieces as a portable setup but this damn thing sounds so good to my ears....so don't know what to do ))
The reasonable question to me would be if I did not like a multiple unit setup , why would I get the mojo 2 in the first place? Well...just wanted to check this device to see how magical it was (based on thousands good reviews) ... and it did not disappoint ...
Get a Poly, it will sound even better and you have a super compact set up where your phone or your watch becomes the remote.

Jun 4, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #8,320 of 10,527
I keep mine for a desktop chain as a backup DAC.

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #8,322 of 10,527
I keep mine for a desktop chain as a backup DAC.
Same, I was surprised to find out it completely blew out of the water my SMSL M500 MKII in a stereo chain (KEF LS50 Meta + Hegel H200), which is a very capable DAC in itself, but it just lacks colours, sweetness, depth of soundstage and palpability that Mojo 2 brings to the table, even through cheap $4 3.5mm-2x RCA adapter.
Edit: sorry for double post

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #8,323 of 10,527
Same, I was surprised to find out it completely blew out of the water my SMSL M500 MKII in a stereo chain (KEF LS50 Meta + Hegel H200), which is a very capable DAC in itself, but it just lacks colours, sweetness, depth of soundstage and palpability that Mojo 2 brings to the table, even through cheap $4 3.5mm-2x RCA adapter.
I would not be surprised at all!! Just saying 😆

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #8,324 of 10,527
Jun 5, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #8,325 of 10,527
deleted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back