Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 14, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #7,743 of 10,916
Cm sorry

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #7,744 of 10,916
Ddhifi cable MAYBE MAYBE slightly better than Aries optical and therefore by extension the Fiio cable. But is razor close. Any difference may be placebo. Certainly the FiiO more soft and pliable and a little longer and easier to use. Afraid with the stiffer shorter ddhifi of undue forces on precious mojo2 jack. For those using the 10 vm ddhifi cable, any comments?
Revisiting this. Simply switching cable’s without optical port comparison. The dd audio cable does indeed sound better than the fiio by small but noticeable margin. I will buy the 50 cm version to reduce receptacle strain on my M2. 10 cm too short.

Apr 14, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #7,746 of 10,916
anyone running their Mojo 2 with the Utopia? curious how it pairs and how it fares against H2 - am of the impression that M2 is much closer to H2 than before
Yes, and the pairing is excellent. I give the Utopia's a little boost in the sub bass region with the Mojo 2 and they respond very well to it.

Apr 14, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #7,747 of 10,916
Ddhifi cable MAYBE MAYBE slightly better than Aries optical and therefore by extension the Fiio cable. But is razor close. Any difference may be placebo. Certainly the FiiO more soft and pliable and a little longer and easier to use. Afraid with the stiffer shorter ddhifi of undue forces on precious mojo2 jack. For those using the 10 vm ddhifi cable, any comments?
Further listening at low level really did confirm a difference between DD Audio and FiiO cables. Vocals clearer, more present and treble slightly smoother with DD. Worth the investment. Cables matter. Hope I don’t lose any SQ when I go to 50 cm compared to 10 cm. We’ll see.

Apr 14, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #7,748 of 10,916
anyone running their Mojo 2 with the Utopia? curious how it pairs and how it fares against H2 - am of the impression that M2 is much closer to H2 than before
Excellent pairing. +5db in the sub bass with the Mojo 2 EQ and they're perfect for me.

Apr 14, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #7,749 of 10,916
Looking forward to getting my ddhifi mfi09s cable today. And comparing to Aries optical in, hehe!:gs1000smile:
Looking forward for impressions. 😁😁

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #7,750 of 10,916
Yep, with the OG Utopia I use Mojo2 and Hugo2. Mojo2 is good if you like to be able to EQ a little, but I find I love the extra resolution the Hugo2 brings and find it a significant step up. So it’s Mojo2 for straight ahead rock (bump the bass a little) and Hugo2 for all things with more filigree detail in the classical realm.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #7,751 of 10,916
Yep, with the OG Utopia I use Mojo2 and Hugo2. Mojo2 is good if you like to be able to EQ a little, but I find I love the extra resolution the Hugo2 brings and find it a significant step up. So it’s Mojo2 for straight ahead rock (bump the bass a little) and Hugo2 for all things with more filigree detail in the classical realm.
I agree with this. I thought the Mojo 2 would've been closer to Hugo 2, but that's not what I hear. It's more of an improved Mojo 1 than a smaller-brother Hugo 2. Makes sense though from an engineering and business perspective. For a top-end headphone like the Utopia, the realism and space/dimensionality you gain with the Hugo 2 is valuable.

I still thoroughly enjoy the Mojo 2. But for me, it's when I'm out and about, which I'm astonished at the sound quality I'm able to get on the go. However, when I'm home, it's 100% Hugo 2.

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #7,752 of 10,916
Yes, and the pairing is excellent. I give the Utopia's a little boost in the sub bass region with the Mojo 2 and they respond very well to it.
Excellent pairing. +5db in the sub bass with the Mojo 2 EQ and they're perfect for me.

Thank you. How about the newer Utopia? Or both are pretty much on par

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #7,753 of 10,916
I'd imagine they're pretty much on par. I'm using the Mojo2 with the new one.

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #7,754 of 10,916
I’ve only had one extended session with the new Utopia. Maybe two hours? Running from Mojo2 the difference between OG and New wasn’t very big, but from the TT2 it was really noticeable. If I were looking at only the Mojo2 I’d be shopping around for a used OG and save the money. I’d love to own the Newtopia for the TT2, but alas it’s just too far out of reach. Hopefully the secondhand market happens soon.

Apr 15, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #7,755 of 10,916
I could see myself saying this. I mainly EQ rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back