Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #7,531 of 11,001
I´m just an hobbyist that knows little, since I started only a few months ago, but on top of what everything just said in the upper 2 posts (which I totally agree with since that is what I have been witnessing not only on YouTube but I would go as far as saying in this forum, and others, in dedicated threads and fanboys biased comments) it is not only about power. Just to give an example, you may like a device, let's say like Mojo 2, for its DAC especially for the sense of space it gives you, or any particular other detail you like but would enjoy some more coloration. Then it could make sense to add an amplifier let's say like my Vorzuge which coloration I love, or whatever rocks your boat.

Anyway, that is the way I see it.

Apr 1, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #7,532 of 11,001
No, exaggeration and embellishment, but not necessarily false.

It’s endemic in audiophile reviews to exaggerate big differences and life changing moments. In actuality, the difference is small to minimal. In general, better sources mean better sound. The Mojo 2 is very clean, transparent, and an excellent source.
Thank you for your kind manners.

I wish to explain myself a bit.

It's not that I believe everything I read or that I was born yesterday or need to land in the real world. If I would, I'd had bought blindly, without asking questions.

I love my Meze 109 Pro but I thought to add a little (very little) bass. One option is to buy their MONO 3.5 MM COPPER PCUHD PREMIUM CABLE or something similar but cheaper. I know about Mojo 2's EQ and it is brilliant but I avoid EQ plus I use my Meze with my other devices which do not have Mojo's brilliant EQ.

The other option I thought was to buy a dedicated headphone amp. I will definitely purchase a better headphone in the future, some ZMF or something, so I thought a good headphone amp would prove useful.

This is why I asked the questions about Mojo's output power, etc.

Thank you, all the best to all of you.

Apr 1, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #7,533 of 11,001
Apr 1, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #7,534 of 11,001
Thank you for your kind manners.

I wish to explain myself a bit.

It's not that I believe everything I read or that I was born yesterday or need to land in the real world. If I would, I'd had bought blindly, without asking questions.

I love my Meze 109 Pro but I thought to add a little (very little) bass. One option is to buy their MONO 3.5 MM COPPER PCUHD PREMIUM CABLE or something similar but cheaper. I know about Mojo 2's EQ and it is brilliant but I avoid EQ plus I use my Meze with my other devices which do not have Mojo's brilliant EQ.

The other option I thought was to buy a dedicated headphone amp. I will definitely purchase a better headphone in the future, some ZMF or something, so I thought a good headphone amp would prove useful.

This is why I asked the questions about Mojo's output power, etc.

Thank you, all the best to all of you.
Does the other headphone cable work for you?
Is it worth adding to the Meze 109?

Apr 1, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #7,536 of 11,001
Does the other headphone cable work for you?
Is it worth adding to the Meze 109?
What other cable? I only have one cable, the stock cable. I am considering buying their COPPER PCUHD PREMIUM CABLE but that is just a thought. I will definitely try a bit of Mojo EQ, first. It's not that I need a lot more bass, they play fantastic for me, already.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread, thank very much.

Apr 1, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #7,537 of 11,001
So, what I am reading in this review, that with more like 3.5w output, that slick and creamy 109 PRO bass pops out and says hello, is false and misleading?

Certain reviewers feel the need to differentiate themselves from others as they believe it engenders them with a status that is befitting of their supposed golden ears auditory ability to hear untold sonic characteristics, you’ll have to develop your own scepticism as to what information you can comfortably discard.

Check out headphone power requirement graphs as advised above, very easy to use and the science doesn’t lie

Apr 1, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #7,538 of 11,001
Certain reviewers feel the need to differentiate themselves from others as they believe it engenders them with a status that is befitting of their supposed golden ears auditory ability to hear untold sonic characteristics, you’ll have to develop your own scepticism as to what information you can comfortably discard.

Check out headphone power requirement graphs as advised above, very easy to use and the science doesn’t lie
You are correct of course.
But there may be another explanation . I am not familiar with the amps used, however, some amps may have the brute power, but they may loose the plot at few tens of miliwatts. Mojo2 is not one of them. So an amp with 3W of brute power may not be that transparent past 50mW for example. But another 1W amp may stay good ip to most of that 1W.

Apr 1, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #7,539 of 11,001
You are correct of course.
But there may be another explanation . I am not familiar with the amps used, however, some amps may have the brute power, but they may loose the plot at few tens of miliwatts. Mojo2 is not one of them. So an amp with 3W of brute power may not be that transparent past 50mW for example. But another 1W amp may stay good ip to most of that 1W.
Congrats on your Headphoneus Supremus!

Apr 2, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #7,540 of 11,001
What other cable? I only have one cable, the stock cable. I am considering buying their COPPER PCUHD PREMIUM CABLE but that is just a thought. I will definitely try a bit of Mojo EQ, first. It's not that I need a lot more bass, they play fantastic for me, already.

Anyways, let's not derail this thread, thank very much.
When I bought my Earmen ST I also bought the Meze Copper 4.4mm to maximise the output power…. This is the ideal match for the ££ I could justify….
The Meze cable and connector quality excellent….So I’d remain doubtful of any perceived improvement going 3.5mm standard to 3.5mm copper upgrade but going to 4.4 has distinct differences…… In my opinion !

I’m now considering the M2 for portable duties….. ideal for that…..

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #7,542 of 11,001
No, exaggeration and embellishment, but not necessarily false.

It’s endemic in audiophile reviews to exaggerate big differences and life changing moments. In actuality, the difference is small to minimal. In general, better sources mean better sound. The Mojo 2 is very clean, transparent, and an excellent source.
Truer words were never spoken. I too have been charged with exaggeration and maybe I tend to get overly excited when discovering something that's new to me. The late great Harry Pearson dedicated his life to "The Absolute Sound" and founded his magazine on the idea that everything you hear should be compared to the experience of live music, preferably acoustic instruments played in a natural space. I would tend to agree.

The problem seems similar to wine tasting, in reality - when blindfolded - very few can distinguish Cabernet Sauvignon from Zinfandel, for example. It is mostly in perception: the messaging, packaging, etc. My boss took the team to an Irish pub and conducted a game of beer tasting for fun, turned out very few could could tell a pint of Guinness from a Lager, especially as the night wore on!

IMHO the proof is in the pudding, or your personal experience, which should not be confused with relativism. If after years of listening you come across something new and it's like "I never heard that before" then you know in your bones something has changed. That's not necessarily how I felt after replacing my Nuforce uDAC2 with the Mojo, but it was the kind of revelation I experienced after setting up Jriver Media Center to play conventional files decoded to memory as DSD and played back selecting the ASIO output device. However, this requires a DSD capable DAC but not necessarily the Chord Mojo. Warning: "Your Mileage May Vary"

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #7,545 of 11,001
I'm tempted to get a 2nd Mojo 2, I'm starting to find it a bit annoying removing my current one from my desktop setup when I want to go mobile, just feels a bit over the top having two of them, not really made my mind up yet, it's either that or maybe grab an ifi GoBar for my mobile duties.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back