Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 27, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #7,456 of 10,527
I picked up the new Shanling M1s as a poly alternative. It’s about 75% there. The bit perfect DLNA streaming is buggy. The airplay is solid. It’s about the same dimensions as the mojo 2.

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #7,457 of 10,527
Lovely, great choice! I just recently bought the latest version, the Vorzamp Pure II Pro which is supposed to be even better (yours is already amazing). I really have 0 regrets! Now I just need to get a Mojo 2 to pair it with. Since the Vorzuge may be considered a little colored, I believe it makes a great duo with the Mojo 2.
Go for it - Mojo 2 is already such a versatile proposition, and in the little listening I've done so far the Vorzuge complements well.
Listening with Focal Clear right now and the dynamism of these headphones works brilliantly with this combo - I can even detect a slight opening up of the Clear's notoriously narrow soundstage...

Mar 27, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #7,459 of 10,527
Read about this combo and decided to to go for it after spotting a Vorzuge amp for sale here on Head-Fi.
So far so good - the amp is surprisingly powerful for its size.
Makes a compact desktop / couch set up that's also very portable when required.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 15.08.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 15.08.13 (1).jpeg
Looking forward to more of your impressions regarding what is adding to the Mojo 2 sound, as I have been seriously considering purchasing the Vorzuge Vorzamp Pure II Pro, new.

Mar 27, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #7,460 of 10,527
Had anyone compared Mojo 2 against the QUTEST ?

I can’t compare the two due to non existent dealers anywhere near me & have to buy all Chord via an online dealer.

I have a Mojo 2 now & use it strictly as a desktop DAC. It sounds very good & the DSP feature is amazing. I use a 125 hz bass shelf with my 2020 Utopia. But if the QUTEST is much better, I’ll have to contemplate selling my Mojo 2 and going with that.

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #7,462 of 10,527
Read about this combo and decided to to go for it after spotting a Vorzuge amp for sale here on Head-Fi.

@Derivative congrats on great setup and purchase. I'm wondering - consider the output power of M2 - how even harder to drive IEMs benefit from such amp. Secondly could you tell us more about amp sound signature? Thank you in advance.

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #7,463 of 10,527
Had anyone compared Mojo 2 against the QUTEST ?

I can’t compare the two due to non existent dealers anywhere near me & have to buy all Chord via an online dealer.

I have a Mojo 2 now & use it strictly as a desktop DAC. It sounds very good & the DSP feature is amazing. I use a 125 hz bass shelf with my 2020 Utopia. But if the QUTEST is much better, I’ll have to contemplate selling my Mojo 2 and going with that.
@seadog123 I had been comparing Qutest with original Mojo and Hugo TT2 few years agon. Back then I've decided to go with original Mojo and later TT2, Qutest has been too cold and sterile and maybe even too bright for me and it needed separate amp. It missed Mojo and TT2 magic with a bit of warmth. Based on those memories and current constant usage of Mojo 2 (with DSP disabled from time to time) I would say go with Mojo 2. Overall it is a lot better option especially if you consider the price difference and features set. Some people here were even using Mojo with M-Scaler so you will not miss much comparing to Qutest unless you want to buy Anni to have a nice looking setup from single manufacturer.

Mar 28, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #7,464 of 10,527

Hello again, I have one more question, please

Can you tell me on which volume are you setting your Mojo 2 when using it with this Amplifier? I have attached 2 screenshots from the manual, please indicate which volume setting is Optimal.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• MojoVol1.png
    MojoVol1.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MojoVol2.png
    MojoVol2.png
    99 KB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #7,465 of 10,527
Anyone figured how many "-" clicks from maximum volume? that would be the fastest way to set this up.
I read somewhere that there is 41 clicks + from second volume section.

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #7,466 of 10,527

Can you tell me on which volume are you setting your Mojo 2 when using it with this Amplifier? I have attached 2 screenshots from the manual, please indicate which volume setting is Optimal.

Hi there.

The way I set the volume is first adjust the Gain .
Low on anything 30ohm and under.
Mid or High for 300ohm.
Then turn volume knob to 12oclock position.
Adjust Mojo 2 volume until it’s just a bit too high.
Then back off the Mojo 2 volume a bit.
This gives you the wiggle room on the Vorzuge amp from 10-2 .

Most times the colour balls are showing blue.

On other dongle type dacs I set there volume too max if they output up to 2 volts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 28, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #7,467 of 10,527
Hi there.

The way I set the volume is first adjust the Gain .
Low on anything 30ohm and under.
Mid or High for 300ohm.
Then turn volume knob to 12oclock position.
Adjust Mojo 2 volume until it’s just a bit too high.
Then back off the Mojo 2 volume a bit.
This gives you the wiggle room on the Vorzuge amp from 10-2 .

Most times the colour balls are showing blue.

On other dongle type dacs I set there volume too max if they output up to 2 volts.
It's not gain.

It's just volume with a lot of smaller increments to help those with IEMs.

The volume button only turns white to warm you the volume is on the higher range, that's all. It's not gain

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #7,469 of 10,527

As recommended by Rob Watts and others on this thread I set the volume on Mojo 2 to dark blue in the second volume range, so getting close to max volume. I think this is equivalent to 3v but I'm not certain
This has worked well for other amps I've paired the Mojo with, but with the Vorzuge it was just too loud and I could barely get the volume knob above 8 o'clock.
So I'm now dialling it back a few notches to get a greater range of volume control on the amp itself.
Don't think there's a hard a fast rule with this, a little experimentation should yield the optimal setting for you.

Mar 28, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #7,470 of 10,527
@Derivative congrats on great setup and purchase. I'm wondering - consider the output power of M2 - how even harder to drive IEMs benefit from such amp. Secondly could you tell us more about amp sound signature? Thank you in advance.
Certainly hard to tell if there's a tangible, clear benefit over plugging phones into the Mojo 2 directly. it's certainly a powerful amp and that's always welcome.
Sound signature is fairly neutral as far as I can tell, maybe a leaning a little dark. Haven't spent enough time with it to say for sure so will need to report back.

What I can say is the base boost feature is seriously impactful - especially with the U12t which have exemplary bass control, it's a delight.
Of course Mojo can do the same with the built in EQ so it's a moot point, but it's fun to just flip the switch on a hip hop track and get that crazy bass slam.

Haven't made my mind up about it's value, but for what I paid it was definitely worth the experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back