Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 20, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #7,351 of 10,894
HMS makes the biggest difference to redbook, but it’s the same type of improvement to everything.

I only ran Mojo2 off M Scsler to hear what it was like. It drives the TT2 usually. But yeah, impressive.

If I knew one day I wanted an M Scaler and TT2 or Hugo2, and I currently owned a Mojo2, I’d happily buy an M Scaler first if the opportunity presented itself.

Finally, TT2 on its own is still a LOT better than Mojo2/HMS for detail and resolution etc. Adding HMS takes it to yowza territory.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #7,354 of 10,894
Mojo sized scaler that’s bumps up the taps quite a bit, obviously not a million but would be a nice boost I imagine. Hopefully within the next 2-3 years.

If we’re thinking of future Chord products in a wish list.
I personally would like a smaller Chord Mojo.

Something like a usbc dongle with a battery.
Single usbc input and single 3.5mm out with just two small volume buttons that glow to indicate volume and sample rate.
Size wise say 25mm x 50mm x12mm.
Battery life 6-8 hours.

Can only dream.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #7,355 of 10,894
If we’re thinking of future Chord products in a wish list.
I personally would like a smaller Chord Mojo.

Something like a usbc dongle with a battery.
Single usbc input and single 3.5mm out with just two small volume buttons that glow to indicate volume and sample rate.
Size wise say 25mm x 50mm x12mm.
Battery life 6-8 hours.

Can only dream.
How about a DAP collaboration, Chord DAC in a DAP.

Must have a minimum of 20h battery life when streaming and must stay below 21 degrees C when operating.

Weight < 300g

Price < $500

Now that's a dream.

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #7,356 of 10,894
<£200.
end of list.

Mar 21, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #7,358 of 10,894
I'd be happy if they keep the price as is or close for a Mojo3.

Everything else seems to shoot up in cost.

Amazing bargain, especially for something not made in the PRC and made by a high end company.

Mar 21, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #7,360 of 10,894
I hope that everyone here that hears difference with X or Y takes the time to blind test properly.

I would also suggest to test different music app/players before spending money on new appliances.
Whilst a blind test may seem like a legitimate way to compare two different audio products and can be useful sometimes it’s really in the long term listening where it matters.

It takes time for the brain to adjust to a new sound signature, good example is cables, if you buy a proper power cord or even a usb cable and use it for a few weeks then switch back to what you were using before you will be surprised by the difference it has made.

Mar 21, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #7,361 of 10,894
Mojo sized scaler that’s bumps up the taps quite a bit, obviously not a million but would be a nice boost I imagine. Hopefully within the next 2-3 years.
The problem is power dissipation - if I were to put a Hugo M scaler into a Mojo size case, it would run at 100 deg C... To get it to work without fans needs a fivefold improvement in FPGAs, without costs rising, and there are no signs of that happening any time soon.

Mar 21, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #7,362 of 10,894
Whilst a blind test may seem like a legitimate way to compare two different audio products and can be useful sometimes it’s really in the long term listening where it matters.

It takes time for the brain to adjust to a new sound signature, good example is cables, if you buy a proper power cord or even a usb cable and use it for a few weeks then switch back to what you were using before you will be surprised by the difference it has made.
No problem as long as this surprise is validated by a blind test (with someone else switching or simulate the switch back and forth)

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #7,363 of 10,894
No problem as long as this surprise is validated by a blind test (with someone else switching or simulate the switch back and forth)

I absolutely agree with you 100%.

I have said it before here after comments literally about night and day level differences between Mojo 2 and competing gear.

I hear next to no difference between various DACs and amps and any slight difference I might hear, even after lengthy listening then swapping over, is so subtle as to be of no consequence to me.

In my mind one of two things is happening, either I am simply insensitive to the sound changes that others hear easily (I am happy to accept that could be the case but I have no way to ever know) or others dramatically overstate the amount of difference.

I don’t want to get into that conversation again but I did want to agree with you beyond just a little thumbs up.

EDIT TO ADD: of course the other thing that could happen is pure expectation bias, I know I have done that and heard things that didn't even exist ! :relaxed:

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #7,364 of 10,894
Interesting. While Mojo 2 is excellent, Hugo 2 still trumps it for me. It has a few advantages too with 2Go having an ethernet port and 2 SD card slots.
To me they're very different. The Mojo2 is punchier, and the Hugo2 is smoother. Both rock.

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #7,365 of 10,894
To me they're very different. The Mojo2 is punchier, and the Hugo2 is smoother. Both rock.
How would you describe the difference in micro-dynamics between the two? Is there any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back