Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Jan 28, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #6,616 of 10,847
Hello friends,

I don´t want to be disrespectful, so I apologize if I offend anyone as it is far from being my intention.

I have been reading for weeks this thread, whenever possible of course, and was thinking, since I'm searching for a DAC, that either the mojo 2 or the Qutest could be a possibility.

Nevertheless I have tried to contact Chord, threw the website, over a week ago, in 2 different occasions and never got an answer back (no, it is not in my spam folder), which is strange since they refer that they usually come back to you within the next 48 hours.

Anyway, this is not a good start for a healthy business relationship. I usually expect more, especially if I will need to contact the Company when already owning any of their products.

But since I'm still interested enough to try and get an answer, I will make one last try here and see if I can get an answer for my question.

As a European Union resident, and considering a product that is no longer protected by the warranty period, does Chord have any repairing center in any EU country or will I have forcefully to send it to the UK?

Thank you so much for your time and cheers.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #6,617 of 10,847
Hello friends,

I don´t want to be disrespectful, so I apologize if I offend anyone as it is far from being my intention.

I have been reading for weeks this thread, whenever possible of course, and was thinking, since I'm searching for a DAC, that either the mojo 2 or the Qutest could be a possibility.

Nevertheless I have tried to contact Chord, threw the website, over a week ago, in 2 different occasions and never got an answer back (no, it is not in my spam folder), which is strange since they refer that they usually come back to you within the next 48 hours.

Anyway, this is not a good start for a healthy business relationship. I usually expect more, especially if I will need to contact the Company when already owning any of their products.

But since I'm still interested enough to try and get an answer, I will make one last try here and see if I can get an answer for my question.

As a European Union resident, and considering a product that is no longer protected by the warranty period, does Chord have any repairing center in any EU country or will I have forcefully to send it to the UK?

Thank you so much for your time and cheers.
Did you try and contact Chord electronics, or the Chord Company?

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #6,620 of 10,847
Good - some posters accidently email the Chord Company by mistake, and receive no response.
I think there is a service centre in Germany, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.
Did you use the email address support@chordelectronics.co.uk ?
Thank you for your answer. I used the Support section of the website / ask a question section. Later I received (both times) an automatic email referring that they would provide an answer within 48h, but that never happened.

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #6,621 of 10,847
Bonjour les amis,

Je ne veux pas être irrespectueux, donc je m'excuse si j'offense quelqu'un car c'est loin d'être mon intention.

Je lis depuis des semaines ce fil, chaque fois que possible bien sûr, et je pensais, puisque je suis à la recherche d'un DAC, que le mojo 2 ou le Qutest pourrait être une possibilité.

Néanmoins, j'ai essayé de contacter Chord, j'ai jeté le site Web, il y a plus d'une semaine, à 2 reprises et je n'ai jamais reçu de réponse (non, ce n'est pas dans mon dossier spam), ce qui est étrange car ils se réfèrent qu'ils reviennent généralement à vous dans les prochaines 48 heures.

Quoi qu'il en soit, ce n'est pas un bon début pour une relation d'affaires saine. J'attends généralement plus, surtout si je dois contacter la société alors que je possède déjà l'un de leurs produits.

Mais comme je suis toujours suffisamment intéressé pour essayer d'obtenir une réponse, je vais faire un dernier essai ici et voir si je peux obtenir une réponse à ma question.

En tant que résident de l'Union européenne et compte tenu d'un produit qui n'est plus protégé par la période de garantie, Chord dispose-t-il d'un centre de réparation dans n'importe quel pays de l'UE ou devrai-je l'envoyer de force au Royaume-Uni ?

Merci beaucoup pour votre temps et vos encouragements.
si vous commandez dans l'ue, vous pouvez peut-être demander à votre revendeur car il sera votre premier point de contact en cas de problème

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #6,623 of 10,847
I have a Mojo2 at home to test before buying. Curious about how you connect the Mojo2 to the iPhone for the most portable solution possible without using Poly?

Or could it be that it would be worthwhile to switch to an Android mobile?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #6,624 of 10,847
I have a Mojo2 at home to test before buying. Curious about how you connect the Mojo2 to the iPhone for the most portable solution possible without using Poly?

Or could it be that it would be worthwhile to switch to an Android mobile?

Fiio LT1 cable or any of the ddhifi cables.

These are lightning to usbc otg cables.

Also if your at home try connecting with a optical cable.

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #6,625 of 10,847
si vous commandez dans l'ue, vous pouvez peut-être demander à votre revendeur car il sera votre premier point de contact en cas de problème
Indeed, that will work within the warranty period because it is their duty as an authorized reseller. The issue is once the warranty is over. My experience, outside the audio world, is that unless you have a "special" business relation with the dealer they will hardly help you. If you have to send it somewhere where it has to go threw customs, considering at least how things work in my Country, it is a nightmare, regarding both time and costs / fees. They will charge you taxes again as you were buying the product. Even if after a long fight they will accept your proofs and explanations (and still have to pay for repair taxes anyway and customs handling fees) the health and time you loose in all this process is just not worth it. I prefer to buy UE brands or brands that have repairing centers in the EU - No customs hassle, ever.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #6,626 of 10,847
I have Mojo OG, Mojo 2 and Hugo 2 at hand. Mojo OG is a very interesting source for the Z1R because it is mid focused with softer top and bottom ends, which somewhat compensates for the Z1R’s recessed miss.

Mojo 2 sounds a good bit more neutral, with more definition throughout, but especially in bass and also treble. Stage is also wider, deeper and has better separation and imaging. Music gains definition and detail, but looses some emotion and musicality. BTW, adding the Poly adds clarity and definition to both Mojos.

The Hugo 2 is another level up, detail, texture, liveliness and realism get a big boost, and at the same time musicality is better IMO. Not the warm and seductive kind of the Mojo og but a very refined and lively, transparent and real kind of musicality. It’s like you can hear the room and the reflections, all the subtle details. Edit: staging is also again improved, especially the layering and the focus/size of the individual sound sources. I am using the Hugo 2 with the 2Go streamer which boosts the SQ similarly to the Poly for Mojo.

So yes, Mojo 2 sounds quite different, but whether you will like it better or not will depend on your preferences. If possible listen before you buy!
Edith: let me add that if Mojo OG is your only source for the Z1R you have not heard yet what the famous Z1R bass is really capable of…
In the end, it all depends on synergy and/ or how the DAC/amp is able to force/ reduce the strengths/ weaknesses of the connected headphone to your taste.

That's why the Mojo OG is, usually, a much better pairing with my VO for my listening pleasure than a mostly neutral DAC/amp. :)

Well, it's a very costly EQ in that regard. :ksc75smile: :sweat_smile:

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #6,627 of 10,847
I have Mojo OG, Mojo 2 and Hugo 2 at hand. Mojo OG is a very interesting source for the Z1R because it is mid focused with softer top and bottom ends, which somewhat compensates for the Z1R’s recessed miss.

Mojo 2 sounds a good bit more neutral, with more definition throughout, but especially in bass and also treble. Stage is also wider, deeper and has better separation and imaging. Music gains definition and detail, but looses some emotion and musicality. BTW, adding the Poly adds clarity and definition to both Mojos.

The Hugo 2 is another level up, detail, texture, liveliness and realism get a big boost, and at the same time musicality is better IMO. Not the warm and seductive kind of the Mojo og but a very refined and lively, transparent and real kind of musicality. It’s like you can hear the room and the reflections, all the subtle details. Edit: staging is also again improved, especially the layering and the focus/size of the individual sound sources. I am using the Hugo 2 with the 2Go streamer which boosts the SQ similarly to the Poly for Mojo.

So yes, Mojo 2 sounds quite different, but whether you will like it better or not will depend on your preferences. If possible listen before you buy!
Edith: let me add that if Mojo OG is your only source for the Z1R you have not heard yet what the famous Z1R bass is really capable of…
With poly or 2Go, how do You connect, sd-card, wifi, when saying it boosts SQ?

Jan 29, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #6,628 of 10,847
- Chord will repair products after warranty for reasonable fee.
- They have EU agents who will take care of this.
- Ed, the Chord support guy, in my experience, is extremely responsive and very good to deal with.

Three cheers for Ed the Chord Support Dude!

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #6,629 of 10,847
With poly or 2Go, how do You connect, sd-card, wifi, when saying it boosts SQ?
Clean USB signal.

You don't get the noise inherent in the USB connection. I'm sure you can get equal SQ through non poly/2go USB in other ways. But compared to directly plugging into laptop/computer/etc... the poly and 2go will allow the mojo and Hugo 2 to sound better. Using the onboard MPD player of the poly and 2go and SD card also works well.

That being said, you may not hear a significant difference between optical, coax, usb, or poly/2go. YMMV

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #6,630 of 10,847
I have a question about the bottom button. I notice sometimes it's lit, sometimes it's not. What does that mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back