Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 15, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #4,261 of 11,001
Bought it some days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed. I had for a while the chord mojo 1, and for me was perfect except for the noise coming from the phone without airplane mode. Clearly, a problem that was limiting the experience. At the price of 200\300 € used is ok.
The mojo 2 is better on this aspect, but loses the line-out function, and adds nothing to the packet. I don't care about strange DSP functions, if I want to use EQ I do it via software. Power output is really low, not enough to properly drive headphones I have at home.
At this price range at least 1 W at 32 Ohm was legitimately desiderable.
No sense for me to prefere it over a good DAP at the same price, so I neither discharge my phone.
Still the same strange 2 outputs without single volume control.
Zero accessories on the box, just a little cable, neither suitable for smartphones.
I honestly wouldn't buy it again. Not a real upgrade over the mojo 1, instead just a very costy "fix" of the noise audible while using the smartphone connected to the net ( even if music was locally stored ).

Did you expect to buy a power plant in such a small dac/amp design ? My mojo properly drove even high impedance cans like HD600. EQ is no match for properly implemented DSP functions, it’s a huge bonus for folks who can easily shift the signature with just few button clicks and it could be an upgrade only for that reason.

Phone is a noisy device when using internet and many such dac/amp’s suffer from EMI attached to it.

On it’s own I do not see mojo2 as a replacement for DAP, it is too much of the headache to keep the connection in place and still try to use phone on the go…It’s a portable dac/amp to connect with computer when you are travelling/ moving your workspace in the house or just need a small sized well performing desktop device. I never had any bad experience while using mojo with laptop.

For a pure portable use poly is necessary and to me this combo blows any DAP that I have tried

May 15, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #4,262 of 11,001
This is probably the wrong product for your needs and usage,
doesn't mean it isn't perfect for some others. As far as
not adding anything other than DSP, I strongly disagree - the Mojo 2 is in my
opinion a fully successful update, even with DSP off the sound/musical improvements
are to me obvious and huge. Some of us are willing to pay more for a 25% sonic
improvement over alternatives, for others the type of improvement isn't noticeable or important,
or the sound quality potential may have been hampered by the partnering equipment.

Sorry it didn't fit your needs and I can understand your disappointment, listening
is the only way to find out.
lol ok even though I've sold my Mojo 2 already so unfortunately I couldn't follow your suggestion back then (Curious Hugo Link + Jitterbug).

But I find out of everyone here you handle negative criticism/feedback the most elegant/level headed/constructive/supportive.

I understand it's a Mojo 2 thread so majority here would be in love with Mojo 2, but a lot of people tend to jump straight into "you don't agree with us? put you on the pitchfork and burn" kind of mentality LOL.

Again much appreciated and props to you for always being helpful/constructive no matter what.

Cheers! :thumbsup::grinning:

May 15, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #4,263 of 11,001
lol ok even though I've sold my Mojo 2 already so unfortunately I couldn't follow your suggestion back then (Curious Hugo Link + Jitterbug).

But I find out of everyone here you handle negative criticism/feedback the most elegant/level headed/constructive/supportive.

I understand it's a Mojo 2 thread so majority here would be in love with Mojo 2, but a lot of people tend to jump straight into "you don't agree with us? put you on the pitchfork and burn" kind of mentality LOL.

Again much appreciated and props to you for always being helpful/constructive no matter what.

Constructive criticism is fine, but here it doesn’t sound like one…

I bought macbook and you know it doesn’t handle video games…For such price I could get a desktop computer with better specs and I don’t really need Mac OS.. Shame apple 😁

May 15, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #4,264 of 11,001

I agree, it happens very often here in head-fi in a lot threads. I just double checked if my response was hostile:relaxed:
Opinion is one thing and fact is another thing. UHD DSP is a fact, liking Mojo sound or not is an opinion IMO. Negative feedback is very important because sometimes it brings out a lot of facts. So, it should be pretty much welcome.

May 15, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #4,265 of 11,001
The mojo 2 has problems, and has a homebrew kind of feeling to it, with its respective issues. The sound is great, and it is beautiful; but quite obviously it is made at somebody’s garage or basement (not literally but you know what I mean).

I love the device, but I fully understand some people getting frustrated with it. My local hifi store chain had several “B Stock” (returned items) at a slight discount when I was auditioning it.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #4,267 of 11,001
Hi,

Another question. It just happened today, twice. The first time I though the unit may have been turned on on my pocket or so, and then the volume button pressed by accident. But it happened a second time and now I am confused.

I did not used the Mojo 2 for a few days. Today in the afternoon I turned it on, and the volume was all the way up (high gain mode, white colour both volume buttons). As mentioned, I though it could probably be something got pressed while on my pocket.

Later, in the evening, I turned it on in orden to listen to music, and again, it had the volume all the way up.

All other settings were properly remembered (eq and crossfeed). I tried to turn it off and on, and if done after a short while, the volume is properly set, but I am afraid if the unit is left off for a couple of hours, it would forget the volume setting again.

I do not know if I am doing something wrong. Both times the unit was completely unplugged from the source and battery charge.

What could it be?
Regarding the volume at max, I've never observed this. I'd suggest to reset to factory settingxs, crosscheck, and then email Mojo Support. Post their reply here afterwards, if you wish, for us to benefit, as well.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #4,268 of 11,001
Regarding the volume at max, I've never observed this. I'd suggest to reset to factory settingxs, crosscheck, and then email Mojo Support. Post their reply here afterwards, if you wish, for us to benefit, as well.
If it happens again I will email the Chord’s support. So far today, it hasn’t happened again. In case I contact Chord, I will post the response here.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #4,269 of 11,001
Everyone has different hearing due to genetic and environmental conditions. Being the child of a musician couple and an accountant will make huge difference. Also some people are born with precise hearing while others are tone deaf. Also feelings are very important too. Sentimentality that one feels while listening to a song can affect how a headphone or amp is perceived. Which instruments affect that person the most? Maybe that headphone/amp is good at reflecting those frequencies? Doesn’t that create a sympathy towards that device? Audio is mostly prejudice.

May 15, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #4,270 of 11,001
Has anyone here had an issue where they're unable to charge their Mojo 2?
I bought one yesterday, listened to it for the afternoon and it was sounding great. But then it shut off and I've been unable to get it functioning again.

Plugging it into a 5v 2.5A charger (ifi ipower or a phone charger OR a port on my PC) just results in a red flashing charge LED, and the menu button being orange.
The manual indicates this means it needs to be charged overnight. I did this but still nothing, just flashing.

It's been on charge for over 12hrs now and after I unplugged it it still would not turn on.
Plugging it back in then turning it on works, but as soon as I unplug it it turned off again. Seems like it can't hold a charge.

Did anyone else encounter this? Hopefully it's just a faulty unit that I can get replaced, but if anyone knows how to fix this that'd be fantastic, it was sounding brilliant.

May 15, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #4,271 of 11,001
I bought one yesterday, listened to it for the afternoon and it was sounding great. But then it shut off and I've been unable to get it functioning again.

Plugging it into a 5v 2.5A charger (ifi ipower or a phone charger OR a port on my PC) just results in a red flashing charge LED, and the menu button being orange.
The manual indicates this means it needs to be charged overnight. I did this but still nothing, just flashing.

It's been on charge for over 12hrs now and after I unplugged it it still would not turn on.
Plugging it back in then turning it on works, but as soon as I unplug it it turned off again. Seems like it can't hold a charge.

Did anyone else encounter this? Hopefully it's just a faulty unit that I can get replaced, but if anyone knows how to fix this that'd be fantastic, it was sounding brilliant.
I've not encountered this. I assume you've tried different cables and made sure you are connected to the Mojo2's charge port, not the data port.

May 15, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #4,272 of 11,001
If it happens again I will email the Chord’s support. So far today, it hasn’t happened again. In case I contact Chord, I will post the response here.

Thanks!
Exactly, and you are welcome! If you feel your unit is faulty, or something bothers you, try to replace it under warranty, but keep the Mojo 2 and build around it - I don't know your gear - as it is a Reference device which will keep you happy and grateful for more than 10 years...

May 15, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #4,273 of 11,001

First time I'm hearing something like this! Email Chord support and update us.

May 15, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #4,274 of 11,001
I've not encountered this. I assume you've tried different cables and made sure you are connected to the Mojo2's charge port, not the data port.
Yep tried a couple different cables and chargers.
Left it on overnight with an ifi ipower (5V 2.5A) with no luck
Left it all morning with the cable it came with and a 5V 3A charger, and am now connecting it using a different cable and my PC still with no luck.

So unfortunately seems to be the unit.
I've emailed Chord and the dealer I bought from, hopefully will be easy to sort. Or just get it replaced

May 15, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #4,275 of 11,001
Yep tried a couple different cables and chargers.
Left it on overnight with an ifi ipower (5V 2.5A) with no luck
Left it all morning with the cable it came with and a 5V 3A charger, and am now connecting it using a different cable and my PC still with no luck.

So unfortunately seems to be the unit.
I've emailed Chord and the dealer I bought from, hopefully will be easy to sort. Or just get it replaced
I think there have been rare posts, from owners trying to charge using the data port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back