Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 14, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #4,247 of 11,001
Hi,

I would like to ask, if any of you notice a light leakeage on the Mojo 2 sides, as in the picture attached.

Many thanks.

Note: I only see it on one side (where the headphone connections are, as in the picture), and directly around the usb ports.
Sorry can't comment on light leak but looks like a Shure cable for IEMs. I bought Linum Superbax for my SE846 and it changed the game. Think they discontinued the superbax in MMCX connector but still doing other similar cables. Not cheap but, definitely one of the best cable replacements I ever did.

May 14, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #4,248 of 11,001
Hi,

I would like to ask, if any of you notice a light leakeage on the Mojo 2 sides, as in the picture attached.

Many thanks.

Note: I only see it on one side (where the headphone connections are, as in the picture), and directly around the usb ports.
Not on mine.

May 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #4,249 of 11,001
Hi,

Many thanks.

I notice it, too. It is very very subtle, I observe it towards the left side, left headphone output, and if I squeeze it on that side, the gap is closing. I cannot see any light leakage around the USB ports.

It's nothing to worry about, I think

May 14, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,250 of 11,001
I notice it, too. It is very very subtle, I observe it towards the left side, left headphone output, and if I squeeze it on that side, the gap is closing. I cannot see any light leakage around the USB ports.

It's nothing to worry about, I think
Should be good as long as the smoke doesn’t get out.

May 14, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #4,251 of 11,001
May 14, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #4,252 of 11,001
I’m using my IPhone 13 Pro Max connected to M2 by usb + camera-adapter. I mainly use Apple Music and Plex. I’m considering trying Neutron Music Player instead of Plex. Any experience to share?

Is there any difference between my iPhone and an iPod 7.th gen?

May 14, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #4,254 of 11,001
Hi,

Another question. It just happened today, twice. The first time I though the unit may have been turned on on my pocket or so, and then the volume button pressed by accident. But it happened a second time and now I am confused.

I did not used the Mojo 2 for a few days. Today in the afternoon I turned it on, and the volume was all the way up (high gain mode, white colour both volume buttons). As mentioned, I though it could probably be something got pressed while on my pocket.

Later, in the evening, I turned it on in orden to listen to music, and again, it had the volume all the way up.

All other settings were properly remembered (eq and crossfeed). I tried to turn it off and on, and if done after a short while, the volume is properly set, but I am afraid if the unit is left off for a couple of hours, it would forget the volume setting again.

I do not know if I am doing something wrong. Both times the unit was completely unplugged from the source and battery charge.

What could it be?

May 15, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #4,255 of 11,001
Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to discuss future product replacements or plans. But having said that, I wouldn't have spent all the time and effort that went into Mojo 2 UHD DSP without thinking of future applications! Particularly now after how well it has been received.

Of course, as you get better transducers, the need for EQ diminishes - I have no great need to EQ my DCA Stealth or my B&W 803 D3. But one of the main reasons to do this was to give users flexibility - you can often see post saying product x is way to dark, and the next post complaining how bright it is. So giving people the option of changing what you hear without any compromises I think is a potential game changer.
Thanks Rob, the frequency response of my room at the listening position is about +12db at 40hz so I'm keen counter that with EQ. If I tried the B&W 803 D3 in my room the listening chair would be bouncing with bass resonances/boomy bass.

I will keep a keen eye on Chord Electronics new products.

May 15, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #4,256 of 11,001
Bought it some days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed. I had for a while the chord mojo 1, and for me was perfect except for the noise coming from the phone without airplane mode. Clearly, a problem that was limiting the experience. At the price of 200\300 € used is ok.
The mojo 2 is better on this aspect, but loses the line-out function, and adds nothing to the packet. I don't care about strange DSP functions, if I want to use EQ I do it via software. Power output is really low, not enough to properly drive headphones I have at home.
At this price range at least 1 W at 32 Ohm was legitimately desiderable.
No sense for me to prefere it over a good DAP at the same price, so I neither discharge my phone.
Still the same strange 2 outputs without single volume control.
Zero accessories on the box, just a little cable, neither suitable for smartphones.
I honestly wouldn't buy it again. Not a real upgrade over the mojo 1, instead just a very costy "fix" of the noise audible while using the smartphone connected to the net ( even if music was locally stored ).

May 15, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #4,257 of 11,001
Bought it some days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed. I had for a while the chord mojo 1, and for me was perfect except for the noise coming from the phone without airplane mode. Clearly, a problem that was limiting the experience. At the price of 200\300 € used is ok.
The mojo 2 is better on this aspect, but loses the line-out function, and adds nothing to the packet. I don't care about strange DSP functions, if I want to use EQ I do it via software. Power output is really low, not enough to properly drive headphones I have at home.
No sense for me to prefere it over a good DAP at the same price, so I neither discharge my phone.
Zero accessories on the box, just a little cable, neither suitable for smartphones.
I honestly wouldn't buy it again. Not a real upgrade over the mojo 1, instead just a very costy "fix" of the noise audible while using the smartphone connected to the net ( even if music was locally stored ).
OK, sell it then.
However I don't think you understood the Mojo 1 line-out functionality.

May 15, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #4,258 of 11,001
I am powering HD6XX and LCD2C and Mojo 2 doing an admirable job for a portable device IMO. I had iFi xCan which puts 1W @32ohm and Mojo 2 drives my headphones better than it. So more power not always better driving.
And for the EQ, no software EQ comes close to UHD DSP right now. It's clean and impactful without dropping volume.

I have been using DAPs like Cowon, Lotoo just for the EQ and Mojo 2 is right up there with them if not better.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #4,259 of 11,001
This is probably the wrong product for your needs and usage,
doesn't mean it isn't perfect for some others. As far as
not adding anything other than DSP, I strongly disagree - the Mojo 2 is in my
opinion a fully successful update, even with DSP off the sound/musical improvements
are to me obvious and huge. Some of us are willing to pay more for a 25% sonic
improvement over alternatives, for others the type of improvement isn't noticeable or important,
or the sound quality potential may have been hampered by the partnering equipment.

Sorry it didn't fit your needs and I can understand your disappointment, listening
is the only way to find out.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #4,260 of 11,001
Bought it some days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed. I had for a while the chord mojo 1, and for me was perfect except for the noise coming from the phone without airplane mode.
That is an EMI ! just keep your phone away from the DAC - the worst thing are rubber straps that create a bulky brick and transfer noise from phone to DAC, any DAC.
Clearly, a problem that was limiting the experience. At the price of 200\300 € used is ok.
The mojo 2 is better on this aspect, but loses the line-out function
What?
, and adds nothing to the packet. I don't care about strange DSP functions, if I want to use EQ I do it via software.
Then you don't understand the strange DSP function.
Power output is really low, not enough to properly drive headphones I have at home.
Can not be done, not easily or conveniently.
Power output of an amp depends squarely on its power supply - in our case the battery. The internal battery is a LiPo providing 8V when fully charged. Unless you go balanced-mode (Chord DACs are single ended by nature, so it is a NO), engineering laws means no 1W output!
You can compromise play time, sound quality or size and weight to achieve 1W - but most of us rather not.
That is fair enough, Mojo (1 or two) is not for everyone, good luck. and yes I think Mojo classic at its used-prices is one heck of a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back