Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 25, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #3,991 of 11,005
Just wondering if the eq stacks the mid bass shelf and the lower bass or the treble shelf and the upper treble

yes, by example :

+6 on 20 Hz
+4 on 125 Hz
-3 on 3 kHz
+6 on 20 kHz

gives that frequency response curve (dotted line) :

Capture du 2022-04-25 16-48-33.png

So it's the sum of the eq mods on both sides (subbass to bass / mid to treble), knowing that each frequency mod has its range of impact as mentionned in the manual :

Capture du 2022-04-25 16-56-58.png

That's why this could help :

If it helps anyone, I created an Excel sheet to play around with and predict the DSP effects. Try it and feel free to make improvements to the factors I used, which I tried many best to estimate from Rob's PDFs (in the Watts Up thread).

https://mega.nz/file/SzgG0JJQ#WHIJKWvgsmMXA9JRKiA1uf_Ggq0UfaUEoRsmoXnnK_Q

Edit: added image of Excel tool
Edit2: I also changed the horizontal axis to start at 10 and show 00, 1000, etc. as this is more intuitive and you can better read the frequencies.

PS: My Mojo 2 has 7 screws :beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #3,993 of 11,005
If it helps anyone, I created an Excel sheet to play around with and predict the DSP effects. Try it and feel free to make improvements to the factors I used, which I tried many best to estimate from Rob's PDFs (in the Watts Up thread).

Edit2: I also changed the horizontal axis to start at 10 and show 00, 1000, etc. as this is more intuitive and you can better read the frequencies.
1645139759255.jpeg

Thank very much for sharing - very useful 👌👏👏👏

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #3,994 of 11,005
I’ve been digging this album and band I had never heard of (Armageddon by Mauv) using my A12t CIEMs and the following settings on the M2:

20hz = +6
125hz = +4
3000hz = +4
20000hz = +6

The sub bass is so good and the high end detail is incredible. The space between instruments is insane. I switched out the M2 for the XDuoo Link2 BAL and while it’s still good (and a wider soundstage) the sub bass, body and detail is lacking compared to the M2 with these settings. This album may be what put me over the edge on my love for the M2 and justifying its cost bc of its abilities. Especially to pull out what the A12t is capable of. Everyone is different but I’m digging this setup and album.

4DEAF74A-04F0-45BB-AF89-9572A417E707.png

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #3,995 of 11,005
I have the m2 and using a loaned lcd2. While waiting for my gx.

Everything sounds controlled, natural and musical. No fake spikes or distorted bass, yet detailed enough for the music intent. Really feels like you are in a listening to live music.

Rob talks alot about the transients processing and I get what he meant. I think other dacs artificially spikes the transients to compensate that it just sounds fake and spiky. Hurts the ear after some time, which causes fatigue,. Especially when listening at a loud volume. Maybe some can concur to this, am not an experienced audiophille.

Current eq settings 20hz +4, 3khz +4

I could eq the 3khz and 20khz higher for it to match a monitors performance but no...Live music is what I like.

Q: Do the m2 shut down automatically when no signal is detected? I accidentally left mine on for the night - charging, and it was quite warm when I came back to it.

Apr 26, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #3,996 of 11,005

1645139759255.jpeg

Wow this is excellent, thanks it really helps.
Wondering how did I miss this post:smile:

Apr 26, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #3,998 of 11,005
Just to clarify - 10 minutes of no signal for auto shutdown - no signal is not digital silence. For USB it's looking for the presence of the +5v VBUS on either of the USB data inputs. For SPDIF it's just looking for the lock condition. So zero VBUS voltage or no SPDIF lock will force a shutdown after 10 minutes.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #4,000 of 11,005
Well, the M2 was plugged in to my computer via USB C (M2) to USB A 3.0 (Comp) which the computer was turned off when I left it, albeit totally forgotten that the M2 is on, and was charging with a separate USB charger connected to a plug elsewhere.

I'll remember to turn it off next time 😅

Update: OK, just read through the asus motherboard manual and apparently I need to turn off the usb standby power (+5v vbus) via bios and some windows settings for the m2 to turn off by itself. I'll just press the power button then.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #4,001 of 11,005
Can you review your TIDAL history and confirm if the sample rate is different between the two tracks when the USB synchronization failed? I don’t believe that is the issue because in my case it has happened in the middle of playing a song on a full album with the same sample rate. I want to dispel the notion that this is related to sample rates.
Sorry for the late answer. I could activate the Exclusive mode and didn't experience the white noise after that. I guess it's related to interference.

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #4,002 of 11,005
If you want to help yourself and the community, please email Chord support and then copy and paste here their response. Thanks in advance for considering it.
I did, thank you. They were about to guide me to enable Exclusive mode but I could find it. Now it seems ok.

Apr 26, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #4,003 of 11,005
I think Crossfeed didn't do well with the LCD-XC. It felt like the images became a little more dense but their position became closer towards middle?

Apr 26, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #4,004 of 11,005
I think Crossfeed didn't do well with the LCD-XC. It felt like the images became a little more dense but their position became closer towards middle?
In general with most recordings I like trying the crossfeed on the lowest setting for a few songs, then turn it off and try listening to another few. I find that although it's hard to hear a difference it seems to give a bit more weight and highlighting to the centre image which to me is quite pleasing.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #4,005 of 11,005
In general with most recordings I like trying the crossfeed on the lowest setting for a few songs, then turn it off and try listening to another few. I find that although it's hard to hear a difference it seems to give a bit more weight and highlighting to the centre image which to me is quite pleasing.
Yes that was it, highlighting the center. I guess I didn’t like it in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back