Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #3,976 of 11,005
I've experienced this white noise of death the third time in 4 days.
I listen to Tidal on iMac 24". I tried to find the exclusive mode but there are no options for Mojo in the settings in my Tidal (I have HiFi subscription).
I use Photoshop while listening.
I've not moved the Mojo or any cable.
The white noise appeared at the beginning of songs in all three cases and in one case I realized that I've listened one of the songs the other day without a white noise so why appear now?
Any idea on what I could do to prevent myself dying from a heart attack?
Can you review your TIDAL history and confirm if the sample rate is different between the two tracks when the USB synchronization failed? I don’t believe that is the issue because in my case it has happened in the middle of playing a song on a full album with the same sample rate. I want to dispel the notion that this is related to sample rates.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #3,977 of 11,005
I've experienced this white noise of death the third time in 4 days.
I listen to Tidal on iMac 24". I tried to find the exclusive mode but there are no options for Mojo in the settings in my Tidal (I have HiFi subscription).
I use Photoshop while listening.
I've not moved the Mojo or any cable.
The white noise appeared at the beginning of songs in all three cases and in one case I realized that I've listened one of the songs the other day without a white noise so why appear now?
Any idea on what I could do to prevent myself dying from a heart attack?
If you want to help yourself and the community, please email Chord support and then copy and paste here their response. Thanks in advance for considering it.

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #3,978 of 11,005
Anyone in the EU know where I can get a coaxial cable (RCA to 3.5mm and/or BNC to 3.5mm) for the mojo?

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:54 PM Post #3,979 of 11,005
As I'm on my first extended business trip for a few years I decided to get a Mojo2 to replace the FiiO Q5s that I have been using for a few years. I brought along my regular Shure 846 IEMs which i use for flights and also packed my Grado RS1 as I expect to be working from a hotel room for extended periods.
I'm very happy with the Mojo2. The sound is much fuller and richer compared to the FiiO. I listened for a couple of days with the EQ off but spent a bit of time today dialing in the EQ for the two sets of headphones and now this is done all I can say is wow!
I'm feeding the Mojo from iPhoneX using VOX with upsample from my Apple Music library or directly from the QoBuz app as well as from a MacBook Pro using Vox or QoBuzz. I'm once again loving the music.

EQ settings for those interested
Grado RS1
Bass 20Hz (red) +7dB (+blue)
Base 125Hz shelf (yellow) 0 (off)
Treble 3kHz shelf (green) -6dB (-light blue)
Treble 20kHz (light blue) +6dB (+light blue)

Shure SE846
Bass 20Hz (red) 0 (off)
Base 125Hz shelf (yellow) 0 (off)
Treble 3kHz shelf (green) +6dB (+light blue)
Treble 20kHz (light blue) +6dB (+light blue)

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #3,982 of 11,005
Which headphones are you using?
They're not reputable, bluedio victory 1 or wavsz kt-1 was the copy but it's not as good, ridiculous bass, good for hearing loss which I think I have, but yeah, not audiophile stuff, although I have hd650s but didn't like and have tried other bass headphones etc, my ears only like these.

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #3,983 of 11,005
They're not reputable, bluedio victory 1 or wavsz kt-1 was the copy but it's not as good, ridiculous bass, good for hearing loss which I think I have, but yeah, not audiophile stuff, although I have hd650s but didn't like and have tried other bass headphones etc, my ears only like these.
No, it's fine. We all have different different tastes and preferences. One is not inferior to others.
I asked because if boost 125hz to 9db with HD6XX it's good but with bass heavy music it's not controlled that's all. But LCD2C still controlled and sounds excellent with some music.

I too push EQ to 9db sometimes 😃 but it's so good compared to other EQs.

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #3,984 of 11,005
No, it's fine. We all have different different tastes and preferences. One is not inferior to others.
I asked because if boost 125hz to 9db with HD6XX it's good but with bass heavy music it's not controlled that's all. But LCD2C still controlled and sounds excellent with some music.

I too push EQ to 9db sometimes 😃 but it's so good compared to other EQs.
cool, yeah, they're discontinued, nearly impossible to find, they were a chinese creation with 6 huge drivers on each side, kind of a gimmick, they're clunky, but not junk quality or anything, they have their fanbase I see people asking where they can buy them online to this day etc.

If I knew more about eq I would probably get a better sound but honestly on 9dB it rumble massages my brain and I get some higher end now courtesy of the dsp so it was a great match with the mojo 2.

I tried some skullcandy things with apparently some super bass effect and it was no comparison, returned it to amazon right away, felt like they put a vibrator in there 😂

Apr 25, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #3,985 of 11,005
Yes, with the configuration below:

20hz = +1
125hz = -1
3000hz = +3
20000hz = -9

I tried this and adding some db on the 3kHz is interesting as it helps to add a bit weight to the mids / vocals in the mix.

But for my taste the -9 db at 20kHz to compensate is a bit too much lowered, some informations in high frequencies are too recessed, even some are missing compared to ie900 not EQed.

Based on some tests, I tend to restrain a bit the 20kHz drop into something like : +2 db at 3kHz / -5 db at 20 Khz or +3 db at 3kHz / -6 db at 20 kHz max.

But to my ears it seems like EQing on the ie900 does feel like it takes away a bit of the magic of the ie900, that's strange (maybe they are initially not that bad tuned afterall :smile:).

Tests to be continued :wink:

Apr 25, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #3,986 of 11,005
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #3,987 of 11,005
I tried this and adding some db on the 3kHz is interesting as it helps to add a bit weight to the mids / vocals in the mix.

But for my taste the -9 db at 20kHz to compensate is a bit too much lowered, some informations in high frequencies are too recessed, even some are missing compared to ie900 not EQed.

Based on some tests, I tend to restrain a bit the 20kHz drop into something like : +2 db at 3kHz / -5 db at 20 Khz or +3 db at 3kHz / -6 db at 20 kHz max.

But to my ears it seems like EQing on the ie900 does feel like it takes away a bit of the magic of the ie900, that's strange (maybe they are initially not that bad tuned afterall :smile:).

Tests to be continued :wink:

Thanks for your impressions

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #3,988 of 11,005
cool, yeah, they're discontinued, nearly impossible to find, they were a chinese creation with 6 huge drivers on each side, kind of a gimmick, they're clunky, but not junk quality or anything, they have their fanbase I see people asking where they can buy them online to this day etc.

If I knew more about eq I would probably get a better sound but honestly on 9dB it rumble massages my brain and I get some higher end now courtesy of the dsp so it was a great match with the mojo 2.

I tried some skullcandy things with apparently some super bass effect and it was no comparison, returned it to amazon right away, felt like they put a vibrator in there 😂
Yes, there are some gems chinese made. Mojo 2 EQ is very easy to play with and you will get used to EQing as you start fiddling with it.
This image will give an idea of which frequency to fiddle with
1650896756548.png

Apr 25, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #3,989 of 11,005
Yes, there are some gems chinese made. Mojo 2 EQ is very easy to play with and you will get used to EQing as you start fiddling with it.
This image will give an idea of which frequency to fiddle with
1650896756548.png

Chord themselves have a section dedicated in their manual starting at page 12 regarding their EQ : here.

It's important to understand that modding the EQ on 125Hz and 3kHz has an effet on other frequencies (respectively 20 Hz and 20kHz), they explain that a bit.

So you have to add or substract corelated frequencies to visualize the final effect on the frequency response curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back