Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 19, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #3,841 of 10,527
Mojo 2 = Mojo 1 that tries to sound like a Hugo 2, but still sounding like a Mojo 1 at the same time.

Hugo 2 = a better version of the Mojo 2.

So if someone really hated the Hugo 2, you might want to stick to the Mojo 1.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #3,842 of 10,527
Mojo classic is a classic! it has magic.
compared to many rivals that came out in the last couple of years, still a winner.
At eBay prices with people desperate to sell :face_palm: it is an absolute steal.
But current owners of Mojo classic are dying to upgrade, can't blame them.
I am saying if one is new to Chord, go and have a Mojo classic and count your lucky stars (@£200).
If you are not new, then M2 is still good value , improves on M1 and has FUN features!
After all M2 was meant for existing Mojo owners primarily!
Hugo2 takes a week of getting used to, once you do, there is no going back.

Apr 19, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #3,843 of 10,527
Mojo classic is a classic! it has magic.
compared to many rivals that came out in the last couple of years, still a winner.
At eBay prices with people desperate to sell :face_palm: it is an absolute steal.
But current owners of Mojo classic are dying to upgrade, can't blame them.
I am saying if one is new to Chord, go and have a Mojo classic and count your lucky stars (@£200).
If you are not new, then M2 is still good value , improves on M1 and has FUN features!
After all M2 was meant for existing Mojo owners primarily!
Im new to Mojo and found a Mojo 2 that arrives tomorrow!! Should I compare with an original Mojo and see if the price difference is worth it or just enjoy the Mojo 2? Do they sound totally different where someone may enjoy one over the other?

Apr 19, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #3,844 of 10,527
Im new to Mojo and found a Mojo 2 that arrives tomorrow!! Should I compare with an original Mojo and see if the price difference is worth it or just enjoy the Mojo 2? Do they sound totally different where someone may enjoy one over the other?
Compare the two and see if you can justify the cost based on what you hear and your needs.

Apr 19, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #3,846 of 10,527
I suspect that some find the change in sonic transparency to be a bit much going from Mojo to Hugo 2. What I found was that the extra resolution (over Mojo 2) pushed previously unnoticed details and nuances into view on recordings I knew well. While initially distracting, once the "novelty" wore off, the realization dawns that the musicians and producers put all this stuff in the music to be heard!

I can understand reasons why some may not like it though, but I'd agree that once you are used to it, there is no going back.

Apr 19, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #3,847 of 10,527
Im new to Mojo and found a Mojo 2 that arrives tomorrow!!
Was it lost?:o2smile:
They are freely available , even on Amazon UK.
Unless you mean on eBay and cheaper!
Should I compare with an original Mojo and see if the price difference is worth it or just enjoy the Mojo 2? Do they sound totally different where someone may enjoy one over the other?
Just enjoy it.
Don't think too much about it, it is lovely.
And No to your question , you love one, you love em all.

Apr 19, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #3,848 of 10,527
Try both and stick to what your ears are telling you. I had mojo 1 and bought Hugo 2. I used it for a month and just couldn’t tolerate its sound. I sold it and went back to mojo 1.
Good advice, +1
always trust your ears, but not immediately !

Apr 19, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #3,849 of 10,527
Mojo 1 does have a certain charm, I think I'll keep it rather than fire sale it, but listening and knowing it's close to 4 hours of charge time, no thanks, mojo 2 is worth every penny for that purple light alone.

Apr 19, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #3,850 of 10,527
Was it lost?:o2smile:
They are freely available , even on Amazon UK.
Unless you mean on eBay and cheaper!

Just enjoy it.
Don't think too much about it, it is lovely.
And No to your question , you love one, you love em all.
Im in the US and Mojo 2 isn't as readily available.Lots of preorders, back ordered or "more coming" from the retailers, but I found a place that had them in stock.. As far as Mojo 1. There are plenty on eBay and few on Amazon as well.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #3,851 of 10,527
Compare the two and see if you can justify the cost based on what you hear and your needs.
I would say No!
they are both good, its like comparing one girlfriend to another girlfriend .
You want both!
when you are with one, you are thinking of the other one, its distracting . . .

Apr 19, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #3,853 of 10,527
How would you all describe the sonic differences between M1 and M2? I guess I could search through this thread for comparisons.
M2 is more dry/colder sounding if you must compare.
M2 has better bass resolution, and slightly better sound stage.
M2 has fun features.
about it I think.

Apr 19, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #3,854 of 10,527
Agree with @Kentajalli
I also find the M2 to be more neutral / natural sounding than the M1 and with more details.
For me there’s a bit of Hugo 2‘s capacity of giving some kind of palpability, realism, presence to the atmosphere, instruments, voices, … into the M2.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #3,855 of 10,527
Agree with @Kentajalli
I also find the M2 to be more neutral / natural sounding than the M1 and with more details.
For me there’s a bit of Hugo 2‘s capacity of giving some kind of palpability, realism, presence to the atmosphere, instruments, voices, … into the M2.
Thanks! Do you find the M2 “relaxing” still or does it require your attention? Does the M1 come off as smoother?

I will be comparing the M2 to the Cayin RU6 and the XDuoo Link 2 Bal. I will probably keep the XDuoo bc of its functionality for pocket portable use and price. I like how I can control the volume from my iPhone and Apple Watch while working outside or running.

The RU6 is much warmer and analogue sounding than the XDuoo and I like it a lot so I’m anxious to see how I feel about the M2 compared to it bc monetarily wise I can/should only keep one. So I’m looking for something to go with the XDuoo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back