Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Apr 14, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #3,781 of 10,546
I only use Tidal when connect to my PC because Apple Music on windows does not have hi-res. With iPhone I always use Apple Music, the quality is better than Tidal but it does not mean that Tidal is bad, Apple Music just better. Tidal application (on both iOs and Windows) unfold 2x before send it bit-perfect to Chord products.
Unfolded MQA is bit-perfect unfolded MQA, but not the same as a non-mqa high res file of the same sample rate and bit depth or a raw MQA file before it is folded. MQA folding is a lossy/destructive packaging technique so your only gain would be if the MQA DSPs improves the sound. Personally I prefer high-res to MQA when both have the same final sample rate and agree with rob watts that MQA is unnecessary which is why I use Qobuz instead of Tidal as it delivers on all platforms.

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #3,782 of 10,546
Hi ,

Just have a quick question .

I have mojo 1 and I am thinking of upgrading to mojo 2 , is there a significant improvement over the mojo 2?

Also I have won a YouTube giveaway and currently have a smsl SU-9N dac with sabre 9038 , would it be better to get a smsl sh9 amp with thx 888 and pair it with the new dac or just get a mojo 2?

I know it's random question but I hope someone can help me .

My headphones are sennheiser hd 660s and akg k702

Thanks a lot!
I just picked up a set of AKG K702s on a whim for next to nothing. My other headphones are Denon D9200s and LCD-X 2021.
I'm sure that quite a lot has already been written about the Mojo OG vs the 2, but I'm quite enjoying the K702s with about +6dB of bass shelf on the Mojo 2. With this set up I find that it isn't necessary to listen very loud to really enjoy the music either.

Apr 14, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #3,783 of 10,546
I have a Mojo 2 and have been trying to connect it to a iBasso DX200. I have tried USB C otg cable from the DX200 to the mojo 2 but get no connection. I have a 3.5mm S/PDIF on the dx200 and COAX 3.5mm on the mojo 2, but no cable to try it yet. I heard some on a previous thread mention that the DX200 has issues using USB to connect to external DACs and it is best to use the S/PDIF connection, can anyone confirm this ?

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #3,784 of 10,546
I ordered Mojo 2 from my local dealer three weeks ago, with a 50% down payment. Called today to check on order status and was told to expect at least 2 more months lead time. Is everyone else seeing a similar delivery timeframe?

Apr 14, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #3,785 of 10,546
For anyone still looking for a short Lightning–USB-C cable in Europe, can highly suggest this one:

https://fiio-shop.de/en/1168/ddhifi-mfi06l

Actually in stock unlike some of the cheaper Fiios, ships super fast with delivery included in the price. And the cable itself is really high quality and works perfectly connecting my iPhone X to Mojo 2 for on-the-go listening – without the bulky camera connect adapter from Apple.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #3,786 of 10,546
I ordered Mojo 2 from my local dealer three weeks ago, with a 50% down payment. Called today to check on order status and was told to expect at least 2 more months lead time. Is everyone else seeing a similar delivery timeframe?
I don't know in which country you live but I've ordered my Mojo 2 one evening and on the next day, in the afternoon, it was brought to my house.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #3,787 of 10,546
For anyone still looking for a short Lightning–USB-C cable in Europe, can highly suggest this one:

https://fiio-shop.de/en/1168/ddhifi-mfi06l

Actually in stock unlike some of the cheaper Fiios, ships super fast with delivery included in the price. And the cable itself is really high quality and works perfectly connecting my iPhone X to Mojo 2 for on-the-go listening – without the bulky camera connect adapter from Apple.
Thank you!! Bought an other one of Fiio's cables and got sound hiss blasting in my ear.

Apr 14, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #3,789 of 10,546
Don't want to open a can of worms but anyone notice improvements using audiophile cables for the usb signal? Thinking of finishing my chain with audioquest cinnamon but I could be lighting $100 on fire, any 'definitely noticed difference' anecdotes about mojo 1 and 2 appreciated.

Apr 14, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #3,791 of 10,546
I just ordered a mojo 2 and I’m very excited. But now that I’ve read this thread I’m pretty concerned. I listen to Apple Music set to High Res Lossless on my 2018 intel MBP and my iPhone 12 Pro max. I listen to high res playlists that can go from one rate to another depending on the track. Am I understanding correctly that I will get the deafening white noise issue when these track sample rates change, thus making the mojo 2 worthless for my usage? is the mojo 1 the same? If so, that is extremely unfortunate and I’m gonna be really bummed out. For such an expensive and well regarded piece of equipment, that seems unacceptable. Is there a work around? Is it fixable through update? If it’s all true I guess I’ll be holding on to the Cayin RU6 which I love but was going to return to pay for the mojo 2.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #3,792 of 10,546
I just ordered a mojo 2 and I’m very excited. But now that I’ve read this thread I’m pretty concerned. I listen to Apple Music set to High Res Lossless on my 2018 intel MBP and my iPhone 12 Pro max. I listen to high res playlists that can go from one rate to another depending on the track. Am I understanding correctly that I will get the deafening white noise issue when these track sample rates change, thus making the mojo 2 worthless for my usage? is the mojo 1 the same? If so, that is extremely unfortunate and I’m gonna be really bummed out. For such an expensive and well regarded piece of equipment, that seems unacceptable. Is there a work around? Is it fixable through update? For such an expensive and well regarded piece of equipment, that seems unacceptable. If it’s all true I guess I’ll be holding on to the Cayin RU6 which I love but was going to return to pay for the mojo 2.
in my use at least Mojo 1 and 2 are the same for this issue.

In my experience what you've described isn't the issue, .....if it was the Mojo would never
have been successful as it would have been recognized as a defective product.
What caused the white noise for me - and was never
deafening as I don't listen at a loud level - was the micro USB connector getting dislodged/losing contact.

This is based on using Mojo 1 for five years, and Mojo 2 for 7 weeks. Of course there
may be another/other reasons but this has been my experience.

Changing the rate never caused the white noise for me.

Once I was careful not to move the Mojo while in use, all was well. In IOS
the track sample rate changes automatically, Mac OS currently doesn't.
I'm now using Mojo 2 and sometimes Mojo 1 with my iPad Pro.

IOS does support auto-rate switching, however the Mac doesn't....
in order for higher rate tracks to play at that rate it can be changed manually in Audio Midi Setup,
otherwise it will be resampled at the rate in AMS. This is the same for Amazon Music,
the only service that I've used that auto changes the track's rate on Mac is Tidal,
which I no longer use to due to price.

Now that I've explained the above, I'm hoping you'll find as much listening joy with Mojo 2 as I'm
experiencing as are many others here. When partnered well it can produce
absolute magic, it's very special IMO. Your use and your ears will tell if it's right for you.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #3,793 of 10,546
in my use at least Mojo 1 and 2 are the same for this issue.

In my experience what you've described isn't the issue, .....if it was the Mojo would never
have been successful as it would have been recognized as a defective product.
What caused the white noise for me - and was never
deafening as I don't listen at a loud level - was the micro USB connector getting dislodged/losing contact.

This is based on using Mojo 1 for five years, and Mojo 2 for 7 weeks. Of course there
may be another/other reasons but this has been my experience.

Changing the rate never caused the white noise for me.

Once I was careful not to move the Mojo while in use, all was well. In IOS
the track sample rate changes automatically, Mac OS currently doesn't.
I'm now using Mojo 2 and sometimes Mojo 1 with my iPad Pro.

IOS does support auto-rate switching, however the Mac doesn't....
in order for higher rate tracks to play at that rate it can be changed manually in Audio Midi Setup,
otherwise it will be resampled at the rate in AMS. This is the same for Amazon Music,
the only service that I've used that auto changes the track's rate on Mac is Tidal,
which I no longer use to due to price.

Now that I've explained the above, I'm hoping you'll find as much listening joy with Mojo 2 as I'm
experiencing as are many others here. When partnered well it can produce
absolute magic, it's very special IMO. Your use and your ears will tell if it's right for you.
Thanks! That’s good to hear about the white noise and track changing. It has always been a bit frustrating having to change sample rate on the MacBook. I wish they would fix that so it was seem less like iOS.

Now it’s a bit of concern as well if you have to be careful to not move it while listening. That seems to make it less mobile. Not that someone should be going for a run with it, but moving across the house or transporting it while listening seems like it would be part of the mobile experience for its intended use. Maybe I’m wrong.

Apr 15, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #3,794 of 10,546
A quick heads up for anyone in the UK. Audio T are running a trade in promotion with up to £150 for a Mojo 1 if traded against a Mojo 2. I'd think the Mojo 1 would be worth more, but the deal could suit some.

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #3,795 of 10,546
I have an android phone with Neutron player installed.
On Neutron you can upsample (X2, X4 ...) . Doing so mid play any track, or going from one track to next, does not send Mojo into white noise!
similarly on my windows laptop with jRiver player, nothing bad happens.
Only upsampling to DSD or to above 700 kHz , sometimes can trigger white noise.
Now it should never go into white noise, but on my gear (Mojo Mojo2 Hugo2) is a rarity .
I do not have any Apple gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back