Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 19, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #3,257 of 10,970
I just got mine, half an hour ago, and I have it charging through a USB port of this. Super fast delivery, btw, I've ordered it just last night! 😀

It feels a tidy bit heavier than expected, no problem at all!

Two things:

1) When I turn it upside down, gently, I hear a noise, like some screw is loose or something like that. It's not loud, neither does it feel broken. Is this normal?
2) The logo as well as the button indicators are faint. The Mojo 2 logo on the front becomes visible only under strong day light. Is this normal? In the photos, on various reviews, it appears more bold.

(Device, registered, just contacted Chord support for the above)

And one question: the charge status LED is pulsing blue and the Menu button is white(ish). Is this how it is supposed to work?

I have not powered it on, yet, just took it out of the package and put it to charge. When it is fully charged, does the charge status LED stop pulsing? And remain blue for as long as the battery level is between 75% to 100% ? Is this how it works?
1 - What you're hearing is rattling sound from loose buttons. Some find that less desirable, but I like it
2 - Mine too. Again, I like the fact that the logo and labels are not conspicuous

Mar 19, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3,258 of 10,970
I’ve searched through this thread and there are a fair few reports of a white noise issue and it doesn’t seem to be specific to an OS (or even exclusive to the Mojo amongst Chord products).

Has anyone who contacted support got a satisfactory response? I’m wondering whether to return my unit and look elsewhere or just ask for an exchange.

I suppose, whilst unpleasant and hopefully easily avoided by following some simple dos/don’ts, it might not be a dealbreaker. Unless of course it’s frying iems and possibly damaging less sensitive drivers over time…

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #3,259 of 10,970
1 - What you're hearing is rattling sound from loose buttons. Some find that less desirable, but I like it
2 - Mine too. Again, I like the fact that the logo and labels are not conspicuous
Ah, okay, I see, great then, thank you! 👍
I've never owned/used any other Chord product, so I was not aware. As long as the device itself is not faulty, I am perfectly fine with all that! :)

PS: Do you know the answer to my question, re: the charge LED? Does it keep pulsing forever, while charging, or does it stop? Because I have it for like 2.5 hours now, and it keeps pulsing blue.

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #3,260 of 10,970
Ah, okay, I see, great then, thank you! 👍
I've never owned/used any other Chord product, so I was not aware. As long as the device itself is not faulty, I am perfectly fine with all that! :)

PS: Do you know the answer to my question, re: the charge LED? Does it keep pulsing forever, while charging, or does it stop? Because I have it for like 2.5 hours now, and it keeps pulsing blue.
Mine pulse too. In the manual, it says that is desktop mode.

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #3,261 of 10,970
I guess it becomes a bit unnerving having this thread so heavily saturated with criticisms of USB implementations, especially starting with all the micro USB gripes. I have my gripes too: the fact that neither input or output is compatible with my system; I would have to get a RCA coax to 2.5 mm converter for the input, and a 3.5 mm to dual RCA output converter on the analog out... Certainly I could complain, maybe I will. But I'm not going to go full out and lambast the pioneering USA company of Chord Electronics and their savant designer that their design will bite them in the rear "for years to come". It won't, I guarantee it, and these kind of statements take a toll on the team spirit overall. I'm sure they've got better things in the pipeline, and people like me who can find ways around these small inconveniences, to gain the advantage of sound improvements overall.
They are British BTW, so am I and very proud of them.
I am a fan of Chord, have Mojo classic and Hugo2 - thinking of getting a TT2 as well.
I am also fully aware, that atleast for data, USB-C has nothing over any USB-2 implementation (For power USB-C is superior). For convenience and keeping up with times, USB-C was a MUST!
Already, as you say, there is a lot of dismay about Chord and USB-C. Think about it, Mojo2 has just come out and will not get upgraded for a few years (Chord track record). This means for the next few years we have to deal with micro-usb (obsolete years ago), not only that, should they decide to upgrade the (already aging BT4.0) Poly, they will have no option but to keep the damn thing going still! for how many more years?
Don't you see the madness in that? The current USB-C on Mojo2 is redundant! in a bad place, serves no purpose but to shut the complaining crowd up.
We have come to expect our beloved Chord to be a pioneering company - this was a mistake.
All for what? Not coming up with an alternative?

I am no expert, but what was wrong with this; ? ?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ing-on-page-95-of-thread.885405/post-16820475

1647706577231.png

A simple passive adaptor, they could have included a sleeve too with the part. A cheap alternative, but future proof!
Poly2 could employ USB-C and not need the adaptor, while Mojo2 would have remained compatible with Poly classic.
And Please don't come back and complain about Poly-Mojo2 case issues or the added cost of the adaptor with sleeve - anyone who can afford Poly, can afford a passive adaptor (less than $50) to keep on using their beloved gadget.
But the deed is done, and we (well me) keep on complaining, making sure it won't happen again (to Hugo3 perhaps).

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #3,262 of 10,970
Mine pulse too. In the manual, it says that is desktop mode.
Thank you :)
Actually, when the Mojo 2 is fully charged, the Menu button becomes purple and the charge LED stops pulsing and it's just blue. Mine just did that.

Also, here's the official Chord response, re: the noises. This is the button mounts dropping into their housing and is completely normal (this process gives them a degree of shock resistance).

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #3,263 of 10,970
Anyone find that poorly recorded songs or dynamic range compressed songs are unlistenable with Mojo2? I am thinking Mojo 2 is highly transparent in that way. I can pick out distortion in the music at a low volume even ...

My benchmark is All Right Now by Free. great song, but a horrible recording.
The better the hi-fi system, the worse it sounds.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #3,264 of 10,970
They are British BTW, so am I and very proud of them.
I am a fan of Chord, have Mojo classic and Hugo2 - thinking of getting a TT2 as well.
I am also fully aware, that atleast for data, USB-C has nothing over any USB-2 implementation (For power USB-C is superior). For convenience and keeping up with times, USB-C was a MUST!
Already, as you say, there is a lot of dismay about Chord and USB-C. Think about it, Mojo2 has just come out and will not get upgraded for a few years (Chord track record). This means for the next few years we have to deal with micro-usb, not only that, should they decide to upgrade the (already few years old) Poly, they will have no option but to keep the damn thing going still! for how many more years?
Don't you see the madness in that? The USB-C on Mojo2 is redundant! in a bad place, serves no purpose but to shut the complaining crowd up.
We have come to expect our beloved Chord to be a pioneering company - this was a mistake.
All for what? Not coming up with an alternative?

I am no expert, but what was wrong with this; ? ?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...ing-on-page-95-of-thread.885405/post-16820475

1647706577231.png

A simple passive adaptor, they could have included a sleeve too with the part. A cheap alternative, but future proof!
Poly2 could employ USB-C and not need the adaptor, while Mojo2 would have remained compatible with Poly classic.
And Please don't come back and complain about Poly-Mojo2 case issues or the added cost of the adaptor with sleeve - anyone who can afford Poly, can afford a passive adaptor (less than $50) to keep on using their beloved gadget.
But the deed is done, and we (well me) keep on complaining, making sure it won't happen again.
I don't know about you but I have more micro usb cables than usbc. Usbc isn't still the norm in audiophile world, imo

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #3,265 of 10,970
I don't know about you but I have more micro usb cables than usbc. Usbc isn't still the norm in audiophile world, imo
So do I actually! because I am old and won't throw anything out! (Chord won't let me :relaxed:) .
But times have changed, go to Amazon and search for fast chargers, already over half of them are USB-C only!
People already have, and will have, more and more USB-C only chargers and cables. Mojo2 should have remained with times in years to come.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #3,267 of 10,970
Anyone find that poorly recorded songs or dynamic range compressed songs are unlistenable with Mojo2? I am thinking Mojo 2 is highly transparent in that way. I can pick out distortion in the music at a low volume even ...
I have a delta goodrem album that plays fine on a bunch of dacs but on the mojo, mojo2, and hugo2, it plays so horribly i can’t listen to it.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #3,269 of 10,970
i’m a fan of the duoo X10Tii

nice to have physical controls, a screen, and while it has coax out, currently enjoying optical.

use it with stellia, cascade, kse1200, and when beingreally mobile, the $25 cca nra, which does classical and jazz very well.

i have the poly as well, but the lack of screen and physical controls can be annoying. No-look track skipping with physical controls is so much easier than busting out the smartphone and getting to the app.
C93BDF79-AE3E-4D04-A64F-C763411CCAE9.jpeg

Mar 19, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,270 of 10,970
i’m a fan of the duoo X10Tii

nice to have physical controls, a screen, and while it has coax out, currently enjoying optical.

use it with stellia, cascade, kse1200, and when beingreally mobile, the $25 cca nra, which does classical and jazz very well.

i have the poly as well, but the lack of screen and physical controls can be annoying. No-look track skipping with physical controls is so much easier than busting out the smartphone and getting to the app.
C93BDF79-AE3E-4D04-A64F-C763411CCAE9.jpeg
I am also a fan of duoo X10Tii. Great transport! Using it with my Hugo2 and Mojo OG.
What is the optical cable you have, please? Only using coax and usb out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back