Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Mar 12, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #3,151 of 10,966
Bought mine, coming soon :) quick questions.

Is sound quality exact same in desktop mode vs battery, hated battery charging on original, will be braver with original now that I have another and take it out when it dies and run it without battery.

Also like original I assume it won't play well with Tidal? my original although it sounded better in exclusive mode, despite no mqa support, than spotify, had a delay that cut off the start of songs as the light color adjusted, making Tidal unusable, at least on my macbook, so I'm waiting for spotify hifi like many others. hurry up plz 😠

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #3,152 of 10,966

Is sound quality exact same in desktop mode vs battery, hated battery charging on original, will be braver with original now that I have another and take it out when it dies and run it without battery.

Also like original I assume it won't play well with Tidal? my original although it sounded better in exclusive mode, despite no mqa support, than spotify, had a delay that cut off the start of songs as the light color adjusted, making Tidal unusable, at least on my macbook, so I'm waiting for spotify hifi like many others. hurry up plz 😠
In theory the sound quality would improve whilst disconnected from the mains. Selection aside, Qobuz is far better than TIDAL.

Mar 12, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #3,153 of 10,966
I was thinking it would sound better or same using external power but then I saw some reviewers youtube review (bald guy) and he mentioned desktop mode should come close to battery mode quality, so I guess I'll just have to try, still going to use desktop mode, that and dsp is mostly why I bought it.

qobuz not available in Canada without lots of complex paypal schemes/vpns etc, otherwise I would, hopefully it will come here soon.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #3,154 of 10,966
I have a Mojo 2 which I am in general very happy with, but I've noticed some weirdness with it. If it's placed a few steps away and I walk over to change the volume, it sometimes shuts off. I'm guessing this is due to static sensitivity - shoes on carpet, reach for button - click.

Also, on rare occasions, there is a blast of white noise, lasting up to 3 seconds, but so far I have encountered this only when connected to a Raspberry Pi. I'll continue to monitor for this with laptop use.

Mar 13, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #3,155 of 10,966
In theory the sound quality would improve whilst disconnected from the mains. Selection aside, Qobuz is far better than TIDAL.
Why?

PS: I'm currently comparing Qobuz with Amazon HD and I find them the same, quality wise. Amazon HD has a better interface, more options, I believe.

Mar 13, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #3,156 of 10,966

I had the Mojo OG and using Foobar it would cut off the start of songs, this doesn't happen on the Mojo 2 👌

Mar 13, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #3,157 of 10,966

I do not hear any difference between desktop mode and battery mode. I am running M2 with MacBook Pro / Roon. DECCA recordings sound SUPERB.

Mar 13, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,158 of 10,966
I'm really enjoying the Mojo 2, which strikes me as just a little below Hugo 2 in resolution, but in some ways, better because of the easy to use DSP, which is remarkably transparent. The speed of the Mojo 2 makes it clean, fast, and articulate. It's my new office rig along with a DCA Aeon 2 Noire and sometimes Stellia, but at home where I can use open backs it's got a fantastic synergy with Focal Clear MG. The crossfeed functions really make older jazz recordings and early stereo a pleasure to listen to. Only issue I have is when I'm using an iPhone 13 with the camera connector kit, the Mojo2 loses audio when the screen lock kicks in. I hate having the phone open when I'm at work, etc, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had that issue and found a work-around, other than disabling the screen lock in the iPhone settings....

I don’t yet have the FiiO LT-LT1 USB Type-C to Lightning data cable (single 10 cm cable connection), or the Mojo 2, to test for that circumstance, though I thought to mention it as an alternative that provides a direct connection. Perhaps it will also be fit for your purpose.

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #3,159 of 10,966
I have a Mojo 2 which I am in general very happy with, but I've noticed some weirdness with it. If it's placed a few steps away and I walk over to change the volume, it sometimes shuts off. I'm guessing this is due to static sensitivity - shoes on carpet, reach for button - click.

Also, on rare occasions, there is a blast of white noise, lasting up to 3 seconds, but so far I have encountered this only when connected to a Raspberry Pi. I'll continue to monitor for this with laptop use.
I am also having a defective unit with clicking noise on the left side. I bought from Gramophone, and they indicated that I am the only one having issue on Mojo2, which sounds perfect to everyone else. Having difficulty to get exchange.

Mar 13, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #3,162 of 10,966

Users who are viewing this thread

Back