Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Feb 28, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #2,956 of 11,001
Mojo 2 is dead silent with FD5 and FH3 if that helps. These IEM are sensitive enough that I use ifi-IEMatch with HipDac and Go-Blu. Mojo 2 switches between low gain and high gain as you increase the volume and no background noise at all.

Cheers !!
Thank you very much! :)

Feb 28, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #2,958 of 11,001
I got the Mojo 2 and I'm enjoying the comparison of it with my Lotoo S2, Cayin N6II with R01, and and my Woo Audio WA7.
C12ECBFB-E5C8-4D97-BAAE-6F86C3AB6BF4.jpeg

I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it certainly seems to work well with my Meze Elite. I've made a place for it in my custom Meze Elite portable case!

1280B036-BAF5-41F3-A3BD-7BB7E9200FE4.jpeg

Feb 28, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #2,959 of 11,001
Update on the Curious cable.
Experienced disconnection issues.
Sending it back.

If a refund is an option, I recommend you seriously consider it. We had debugged the Curious Cable in Linux and to us it doesn't meet the USB standard.

It's also a coloured sound, warm signature. I'm an advocate of perfect neutrality and you can only get that with optical cables.

I recommend a USB optical cable:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-16832053

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-16836158

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-16836110

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-16841643

I've also built the ultimate SPDIF toslink source for Chord DACs which nothing will touch for the next 5-10 years. It's in another world SQ:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-hugo-2-the-official-thread.831345/post-16838658

But USB optical is practical.

Anyways, please refrain from questions. I'm done on the site. I'm waiting for the most important piece which is a wooden tablet stand for my Hugo2 then I'm out. Not going down the Mojo2 rabbit hole...

The Monoprice also goes on sale from time to time. If you search Monoprice Coupon Code, you might find a discount. I believe I found free shipping, but YMMV.

Just a suggestion to save aggravation....

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #2,960 of 11,001
Thanks for posting this here. My experiences with the Mojo2 closely match this opinion.

I've been thinking about getting a Dremel tool kit for some time now. This post got me to finally order one. When it arrives tomorrow, this will be my first project!!
Yes the Mojo 2 is closer in sound to the Hugo 2 than the Mojo OG was.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #2,961 of 11,001
The mojo 2 dsp is brilliant. Set 3k down 2db and 20k up 2 db. This has made my Odin and EVO fatigue free. Thank you @Rob Watts !

Feb 28, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #2,962 of 11,001
Update on the Curious cable.
Experienced disconnection issues.
Sending it back.

Sorry to hear that, I've been dealing with that issue as per my previous posts, I blame the tiny micro-USB connector,
as it's easily dislodged. Mini-USB would have been a wiser choice for Chord. In the meantime, if you have the option
of USB-C it is an extremely secure physical connection, and for me sounds very good too!

The Curious is such a good sounding and nicely made cable, wish it didn't have that issue with the Mojo though.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #2,965 of 11,001
Sorry to hear that, I've been dealing with that issue as per my previous posts, I blame the tiny micro-USB connector,
as it's easily dislodged. Mini-USB would have been a wiser choice for Chord. In the meantime, if you have the option
of USB-C it is an extremely secure physical connection, and for me sounds very good too!

The Curious is such a good sounding and nicely made cable, wish it didn't have that issue with the Mojo though.
Thanx.
I am using a Lindy 8euro cable, for now, following the recommendation
of another user here, and it looks and sounds fine.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B07FMVF21R/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Mar 1, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #2,966 of 11,001
These are my notes that I have copied from the NYC CanJam thread

Haphazard notes on the Mojo 2

I had a chance to listen to a few things at the show, and for me the Mojo 2 is the only one I'm writing about because it is the device that in my judgment offered the best price-performance ratio. I started comparing it to my original Mojo and there was an appreciable jump in sound quality that I think is worth the upgrade. I have to admit that I did perceive it as a tad bright in the treble. I've seen a few folks indicate that they hear the Mojo as bright and harsh, but that has never been the case for me. If anything I'd say the Mojo is relatively smooth and even a tad reticent in the treble. With the Mojo 2 the first thing I noticed was the increased level of treble extension and detail. Treble definitely stands out a bit more on the Mojo 2 akin to the Hugo 2. Everything is more intelligible, and micro details are more evident. The articulation and texture it brings to instruments and vocals is a definite step up. I think I'd still give the nod to the Hugo 2 as the more technically competent, whether that extra level of technical competency translates to engagement is left to be seen. I've just ordered the Mojo 2 to assess this for myself as my suspicions are that Mojo 2 offers that engagement without compromising too much on the technicalities. In all honesty, the Mojo 2 was great at making me feel like I wasn't missing anything at all unless I compared it directly with the Hugo 2.

The Mojo's bass in my opinion was never really quite well defined, at least compared to some of its competitors like the iFi Audio iDSD Black . The Mojo 2 fixes this. It has impact, speed, texture and depth. Driving my Sony IER-Z1R, it was very tastefully done. I was surprised at how much better in the bass it was. It's a very notable improvement over its predecessor in this regard.

The other thing I noticed was the dynamics of this new Mojo 2. It is fantastic. Transients are also super clean and the dramatic stop and start of moments in the music drive excitement and is a definitive trait of the Chord Dacs that makes itself known upon immediate listen.

Mojo 2 also has a nice blackground. The Mojo still does well for vocals and some may still prefer it's more full bodied nature. I started preferring the Mojo 2's mid the more I listened. A nice tinge of warmth is added, and it is as mentioned earlier so articulate. You hear more nuance in the vocals and the tonal colors are more evident.

Soundstage is probably in about the same, but because the Mojo 2 is better at instrument separation and placement it feels more well defined, particularly in the depth.

Mojo 2 is also more layered with inner details that would've otherwise been smoothed over by the Mojo being brought to life. Thankfully, it is still very coherent sounding. Lack of coherency was my major concern when I saw initial impressions in this thread that it was more detailed. I love details, but not at the expense of coherency. At the end of the day I want to know that I am listening to music. I know the Mojo 2 was special because I just stopped comparing and listening to my music. At that moment it didn't matter if something else was more detailed or more refined or whatever, I was just once again listening and enjoying my music. Obviously there are many variables at play in our hobby. I did my impressions above as one could glean with the Sony IER-Z1R IEMs playing tracks from Tidal on myPhone. I would encourage anyone especially those willing to spend good amount of money on kilobuck DAPs and DAC/Amps to give the Mojo 2 a try.

Been using my mojo2 for a few days now (used to own a mojo 1 and currently own a hugo 2 as well) . To sum it up I feel like the mojo 2 sits between mojo 1 and hugo 2.
Completely agree on so many points here, im enjoying it very much so on IEMs (UM Mest Mkii) rather so than on the arya/ananda.

The black background is fantastic. Great musicality with a dabble of warmth makes it very exciting, I feel like everything just flows...
Hugo 2 still brings in the better overall package (Bass quantity and slam/ bigger sound stage and imaging/ overall much leaner sounding with better technicalities) but cant help but say this is goes well w IEMs and its portability factor just makes it worthwhile.

Mar 1, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #2,968 of 11,001
Still no one tried the Mojo 2 with the LCD-XC?
I actually compared the the LCD-XC 2021 to the Aeon Noire with the Mojo2 the last couple of days. When I first tried this headphone I was very impressed, but for longer sessions it didn't cut it for me and I sent the LCD-XC back and am keeping the Noire. The XC was fatiguing (too much treble for my tastes). The noire is perfect, I love it. Adding to that is the massive physical weight of the LCD-XC (700 grams opposed to around 350 for the Noire). One advantage the LCD-XC has is that is a very easy to drive headphone, works fine in phones, laptops, etc. The Noire needs somewhat more power (the Mojo2 has plenty though).

Mar 1, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #2,969 of 11,001
I actually compared the the LCD-XC 2021 to the Aeon Noire with the Mojo2 the last couple of days. When I first tried this headphone I was very impressed, but for longer sessions it didn't cut it for me and I sent the LCD-XC back and am keeping the Noire. The XC was fatiguing (too much treble for my tastes). The noire is perfect, I love it. Adding to that is the massive physical weight of the LCD-XC (700 grams opposed to around 350 for the Noire). One advantage the LCD-XC has is that is a very easy to drive headphone, works fine in phones, laptops, etc. The Noire needs somewhat more power (the Mojo2 has plenty though).
I see, thanks.
I was like you but then I insisted on listening the LCD-XC (although mine is 2020) and now I love its treble because my brain got used to that air up high. LCD-XC is no chill-out headphone.

Mar 2, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #2,970 of 11,001
Got my Mojo 2 today and just wanted to ask whar is the best way to concocted to HiBy R3? Via USB-C -> USB-C
or
USB-C -> and cox, toslink.. etc?

So confused sorry, Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back